Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Secret Rabbit Code stuttering problem(under extreme condition)  (Read 2080 times) previous topic - next topic

Secret Rabbit Code stuttering problem(under extreme condition)

I have my external dac which works at 352.8khz  at most for 44.1k multiples.
I’ve been using this plugin to upsample my ripped CDs to 352.8khz through Best Sinc.
Till yesterday I tried to upsample it to 705.6khz then downsample back to 352.8khz all with the Best Sinc.
And it sounded even better than directly to my target sample rate. There’s more dynamic and clarity also more organic feeling comparing to  the old method. Getting even closer to the analogue master tape.
So I am wondering to push it to a Maximum sample rate that my computer can handle. However it started to stutter few seconds after playing  from 1058.4khz and any higher one. While my CPU usage is only at around 18%. :'(  :'(
Foobar:v1.5 beta11  Secret Rabbit Code: v1.0.10
CPU i7 8750h@win10

Re: Secret Rabbit Code stuttering problem(under extreme condition)

Reply #1
Could it be a thread issue?

Reply #2
There should be no audible difference. All the work is done only in a single thread so when it maxes a CPU core you will hear issues.

Reply #3
I think there’s an audible difference. Will it be possible to process in multi thread? O:)

Reply #4
Not sure. Implementing it is a bit complex. And it has overhead from threading and the overlapping frames it would have to process making it slower in Converter than just allowing multiple DSPs to run in parallel. It would only benefit realtime playback scenario but in my opinion resampling to such extreme sample rates is insane.

Reply #5
Thank you very much, Case!  ;)  :-* 
It is a bit insane I must admit, but I really hope it come ture! O:)