Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Lyric not working (Read 7886 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Lyric not working

What is the problem with this component?
Any one can provide me some assistance on this matter?
 :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\

Re: Foobar Lyric not working

Reply #1
It says it right there. There are a lot of logged crash reports blamed on that exact component.

Reply #2
why? showing text only

Reply #3
Obviously, it's doing way more than you think, if it's responsible for so many crashes.

Reply #4
can be share from here?

Reply #5
You might try MiniLyrics.     The nice thing is they have a BIG online database of synchronized (and some unsynchronized) lyrics.   I haven't used it with Fooobar2000 but it's supposed to support Foobar (and most other players).

Reply #6
why? showing text only
I never have had any problems with this plugin (Lyrics Show Panel 3), but I don't use features like "auto-save lyrics", etc.  How do you have yours set up in its Preferences?  And what version of Foobar are you using?  Other plugins in use?

Reply #7
i didn't configure any settings, just activate it and wait for lyric loading. however always show not found  ???  ???
but certain song it will load automatically.

Reply #8
Post a screenshot of your preference settings from Foobar's File/Preferences/Tools/Lyrics Show 3 panel for the "Lyric Searching" tab;  also, in the "Lyric Saving" tab try un-checking "Enable automatic save" if activated.  You will probably be better off moving this discussion to the plugin's own thread, which is here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,90338.0.html .

Reply #10
Part of the issue may lie in that you have "Prefer synched" selected, yet none of the sources in your search list are synched lyrics databases (the unselected ones on the right side are).  Anyway, before going any further, we need to know if you WANT synched lyrics or not.  If you do, move all the sources on the right into your search order list.  If you don't store lyrics in separate files, get rid of the "Local file search" option (move to the right) and I would also move Associations search to the bottom of the select list.  Put Tag search on top so if the files already have embedded lyrics those are shown first.

If you want unsynched lyrics, change the selection type to "Prefer (or Only) non-synched", and keep all the "timestamped" sources on the right side of the panel.  Also start with disabling "Automatic Save" in the "Lyric Saving" tab if you're having crashing problems.  My list looks like as below (a couple of the sources are from third parties).