Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dynamic range scan on MLP tracks from DVD-A ISO hangs (Read 1701 times) previous topic - next topic

Dynamic range scan on MLP tracks from DVD-A ISO hangs

A really weird bug, but can be reproduced on my system 100%.

Installed (I have actually removed all other plug-ins when testing this):
- foobar2000 higher than 1.1.9
- foo_input_dvda 0.4.11
- foo_dynamic_range 1.1.1

When running a Dynamic Range scan on MLP tracks from a DVD-A ISO, foobar2000 will completely freeze 99% of the time. No crash log is written, the program can only be closed with Task Manager.

When using foobar2000, the problem almost goes away. Most scans will run through, but sometimes foobar2000 will hang at the very end when trying to write the tags. Trying to close foobar2000 then results in a message like: [The following tasks are active: tag writing. Changes will be lost when closing foobar2000]. A force-close is then necessary, too.

I can only guess that this has something to do with the way ISOs are locked when opened in foobar2000. I hesitate to blame the author of foo_input_dvda since the freezing behaviour is vastly different between foobar2000 versions.

Reply #1
possibly related to this that was introduced in 1.1.11...

Experimental deadlock detection (beta 2)

After long periods of apparent UI unresponsiveness, the application will automatically terminate and produce a crash report.

and another forum post i remember reading on the subject.... (click the little arrow to take you to the original thread)

Again, these are not crashes, per se. This is the deadlock watcher triggering. It means the main thread of the application was non-responsive for two full minutes.

Reply #2
possibly related to this that was introduced in 1.1.11... 
Experimental"]http://www.foobar2000.org/changelog]Experimental[/url] deadlock detection (beta 2)      After long periods of apparent UI unresponsiveness, the application will automatically terminate and produce a crash report.

Not sure... Dynamic range detection of SACD which takes even longer completes just fine.