Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio input into foobar2000 for spectrum analysis (Read 4381 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio input into foobar2000 for spectrum analysis

Hi guys,

foobar2000 is sick, and so is foo_musical_spectrum, bigups to developers,
i really cant live without them anymore, they are so good that i am searching for solution to make this question into reality:

Is it possible to have audio input into foobar2000 and have a spectrum view in foo_musical_spectrum component for live music production spectrum analysis?

I tried some stuff but im going nowhere, tried asio foo_out_asio, foo_record...

So did someone ever made it work?

Thanks

Kodin

Reply #1
Thanks for bringing up foo_record in this post, because it got me looking into it for my problem, which was routing all the audio coming out of programs I run through foobar2000's DSP chain.  I use Virtual Audio Cable (http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm), which lets you create virtual audio playback and recording devices in Windows.  If you use foo_record after setting the default playback and recording devices to a virtual audio cable created by the program, foobar2000 should output the audio after putting it through its DSP chain, if you have anything in it.  It'll cost you ~$25, though.  Why don't you try that?

Reply #2
Tnx for reply! I would buy it right away but dont know if it will work with foo_musical_spectrum component, i tried VB Audio Voicemeeter and cant seem to set it up, im doing something wrong i think, what do i need to setup in foobar2000 and foo_record? i only need it if it works with spectrum, if u say it will work 100% then buying avc

Reply #4
Tnx very much for this tutorial

I did it without any additional software, but the spectrum is showing different image when u play the same track exported and when its going live from Cubase, like it adds some new harmonics into the spectrum, i will try now with VAC