Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC+EAC cue sheet creation (Read 11537 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC+EAC cue sheet creation

I'm about to start ripping my entire collection i want to get it right first time.

im using flac+eac and followed the guide perfectly..

why does someone else's CUE create this way:

REM DATE 2001
REM DISCID 650FC108
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b4"
PERFORMER "Opeth"
TITLE "Blackwater Park"
FILE "Opeth\Blackwater Park\01 - Opeth - The Leper Affinity.wav" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
  TITLE "The Leper Affinity"
  PERFORMER "Opeth"
  INDEX 01 00:00:00
  INDEX 02 00:28:15
  INDEX 03 08:55:62

when mine creates an exact file name like this (which is bad if im going to change the location of the stuff..which im going to be doing when tranferring it all to my fileserver):

PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
TITLE "Wish You Were Here"
FILE "E:\Music\Pink Floyd\(1975) Wish You Were Here\Pink Floyd\(1975) Wish You Were Here\01 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part One).wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part One)"
    PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00

To create the cue sheet i've done this:

Insert cd...loads cddb. i check it and the necessary changes.

-- Detect Gaps (F4)
-- I then goto Action > Create CUE sheet > Multiple Wave Files with Gaps... (Noncompliant)

*edit - I've noticed that the settings in EAC options have no bearing on the contents of the CUE sheet...perhaps others are using an older version of EAC...the way that includes the full directory names makes no sense as it makes the CUE sheet useless if the file is moved without manually have to update it. I've noticed that wherever i "Save As" the CUE sheet to is where it guesses the songs will be too so writes those as the filenames.

That seems stupid as just using the song filename if the cue is in the same directory would work find like this:

FILE "01 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part One).wav" WAVE

so why does mine do this:

FILE "E:\Music\Pink Floyd\(1975) Wish You Were Here\Pink Floyd\(1975) Wish You Were Here\01 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part One).wav" WAVE

Which when the songs are shared or moved. causes the CUE sheet to be useless without manually updating it.

Thanks. I would like to know about this before i start ripping. No room for errors etc.

I can't start ripping until this is fixed. or i know why it's doing it. PLEASE HELP!

Reply #1
Yours looks fine, except where you have the file path and name. It is best to leave the CUE and tracks in the same directory and just have the file name in FILE. That first CUE looks improperly made [likely] or the songs is broken up into subsongs [unlikely]. You can test the validity of your CUE sheets by opening them back up with EAC under the write feature and make sure that it opens them.

You can try opening the CUE in FooBar2000. While EAC makes a non-standard CUE, I recently haven't had any CUEs from EAC that FB2K couldn't play.

If you are still worried, just rip one album, copy the CUE into a PM and I will tell you if it a good CUE, so it doesn't waste forum space.

And as a personal recommendation, do not rip Wish You Were Here with gaps since it is a contiguous album.
OP can't edit initial post when a solution is determined  :'-(

Reply #2
Yeah it's created automatically..so how do i get it to leave out the full dir?? As it's obviously it'll be in the same working directory as the songs. That way i can move them around and still have a valid QUE sheet.

yeah i am including the gaps  thanks for your help..I've been sat here all day waiting to start ripping some albums

Reply #3
EAC automatically puts the directory in? Someone else more fluent with EAC than I should figure that one out.

I have never seen that. When configuring your external compressor [Flac] did you set it up to save the files into that directory? Also make sure in your EAC options -Directory, it prompts you where to save the files each time.
OP can't edit initial post when a solution is determined  :'-(

Reply #4
I've noticed that when i save the CUE sheet.

In EAC > Multiple Wave Files with Gaps... (Noncompliant).

i saved one to desktop..and one where i'll be keeping the songs.

Saved to desktop:

FILE "C:\Documents and Settings\Joseph\Desktop\01 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part One).wav" WAVE

Saved to where the music will go:

FILE "E:\Music\Pink Floyd\(1975) Wish You Were Here\01 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part One).wav" WAVE

I saved it to two difference places after doing this:

EAC options>Directories>Ask everytime

and i did have the naming scheme "%A\(%Y) %C\%N - %T" but i changed it to "%N - %T" just to be sure.

It had no bearing on the CUE sheet. but it seems to assume that the songs will be going where the cue sheet is. which is fair enough but yes! My goal is for it to just say the filename.

Reply #5
This is just the way EAC is.
People edit their CUEs afterward to make it not have the DIR.
You can open the CUE in notepad and choose the replace option.
Then replace the DIR with nothing.

Reply #6
You can open the CUE in notepad and choose the replace option.
Then replace the DIR with nothing.

Are there any tools for editing multiple CUE files at once? I wonder if tools like this could perform large editing of CUE files.

Reply #7

My working dir is \EAC
My naming convention is  %A\%C\%C - (%N) %T
After ripping to wav  I get  "E:\EAC\Jan Akkerman\Blues Hearts"
In "\Blues Hearts"  I get files like "Blues Hearts - (01) Wake Up!.wav"
The noncompliant cuesheet states FILE "Jan Akkerman\Blues Hearts\Blues Hearts - (01) Wake Up!.wav" WAVE
The logfile says E:\EAC\Jan Akkerman\Blues Heart ...etc, but is not important

This structure is also burned to dvd and \Jan Akkerman will be a directory to the root of the disc
I am happy with it and don't need to edit the cue or whatever names
Properly tagged files I get sorted by TagScan