Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album List exclude genre (Read 3265 times) previous topic - next topic

Album List exclude genre

Hi very new here , tho decided on using Foobar a while back and just recently ripped my CD's and now customizing ..

Use Columns UI , want to seperate album list views Classical/Other

Using following view script to show list only containing classical works fine

$if($not($strcmp(%genre%,Classical)),,%album artist% %album%)

What do I need for showing everything except genre classical my efforts to date still show the genre

$if($not($strcmp([%genre%,Classical))],,$swapprefix(%album artist%))- ['['%date%']' ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

Would appreciate any pointers "while i find my feet"

Album List exclude genre

Reply #1
You can make an autoplaylist. Library > Search > and make a query like: NOT %genre% IS Classical. Then click on the ... and Create Autoplaylist. This will create a playlist with all the genres except classical.

Album List exclude genre

Reply #2
You can make an autoplaylist. Library > Search > and make a query like: NOT %genre% IS Classical. Then click on the ... and Create Autoplaylist. This will create a playlist with all the genres except classical.

Cheers but I Want it family friendly so wanting it via album list panel on Columns UI

Album List exclude genre

Reply #3

After lots of failed attempts this seems to do the trick.. It's the syntax I have a bit of a problem withOh well practice needed I suppose.

$if($strstr(%genre%,Classical),,$swapprefix(%album artist%) - ['['%date%']' ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%)

Album List exclude genre

Reply #4
You could also just do something like this.

$if($stricmp(%genre%,Classical),zzClassical|)$swapprefix(%album artist%) - ['['%date%']' ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

Then classical will just be placed in it's own category at the bottom.

note: while $strsrt() might work in your above title formatting, $strcmp() (string compare) or $stricmp() (string case-insensitive compare) is more appropriate.
elevatorladylevitateme

Album List exclude genre

Reply #5
You could also just do something like this.

$if($stricmp(%genre%,Classical),zzClassical|)$swapprefix(%album artist%) - ['['%date%']' ]%album%|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

Then classical will just be placed in it's own category at the bottom.

note: while $strsrt() might work in your above title formatting, $strcmp() (string compare) or $stricmp() (string case-insensitive compare) is more appropriate.

Cheers I like that...