Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Are there any vorbis cd players out there yet? (Read 3588 times) previous topic - next topic

Are there any vorbis cd players out there yet?

I know its not 1.0 yet, but im willing to buy an mp3cd player like rivolt, but since i got vorbis, i want to save my bucks for a vorbis/mp3 cd player with good sound quality just like riovolt does.

Anybody heard about plans or already vorbiscd players out there yet?

Reply #1
Originally posted by Phobos
Anybody heard about plans or already vorbiscd players out there yet?

No player yet.

Lots of plans, but nothing confirmed.

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #2
Guess it all depends on how long you want to hold off..  If you break down,  getting one of the ones that are programmably upgradable,  and have hinted they might do it in the future,  would increase your odds of not having to buy another..

There was rumblings about Iriver adding it in a later firmware upgrade... any news on that?  Or were they unable to due to size issues and might wait for future (larger Flash ram) units?  I forget where that was last...

Anyone?