Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC to WMA batch encoding: please help! (Read 7663 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC to WMA batch encoding: please help!

1. Is there a GUI-based .wma batch encoding tool anywhere out there that works on Vista 64? The command-line utility that comes with WM Encoder is a pain in the proverbial ... How about encoding directly from .flac to .wma? Please, I need a GUI solution!

2. In order to encode to WMA, do I need to install WM Encoder? Or is it that Vista already includes codecs required by the encoding process, codecs that can be used by third-party applications

Many thanks,

A

Reply #1
Well, if a search on Google didn't reveal anything, perhaps try dbpoweramp (shouldn't be too hard to find if you do a quick search) .
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"

Reply #2
Well, if a search on Google didn't reveal anything, perhaps try dbpoweramp (shouldn't be too hard to find if you do a quick search) .

Thanks, I've been searching all morn' (that is, about 7 hours now) and I found shite. You just have to know what to search for.  ('Been searching for "wma batch encoding" and variations.)

Edit: you're right, searching "flac to wma" didn't really reveal much either. And yes, I've been contemplating dbpoweramp for a while, although I was curious if there were any alternatives...

Reply #3
There's an excellent explanation here which details how you can use foobar for the job, all for free.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #5
Myeah, tried foobar, ain't working for me--at least not when attempting to encode to .wma. Egor's onto it though. I get some weird "Object not found" error ... Could it be that my WM Encoder is actually the x64 version?

Reply #6
Maybe MediaMonkey works on your OS?

Juha

Reply #7
1. Is there a GUI-based .wma batch encoding tool anywhere out there that works on Vista 64? The command-line utility that comes with WM Encoder is a pain in the proverbial ... How about encoding directly from .flac to .wma? Please, I need a GUI solution!

2. In order to encode to WMA, do I need to install WM Encoder? Or is it that Vista already includes codecs required by the encoding process, codecs that can be used by third-party applications

Many thanks,

A

Try http://xrecode.com - freeware converter which will do the job.