Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't convert a DTS WAV file to AC3 WAV (Read 3176 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't convert a DTS WAV file to AC3 WAV

I'm using foobar2000 to convert DTS WAV files to AC3 WAV files; all the files convert okay, except for this one. I'm tearing my hair out trying figure out what's wrong.

Here's the file I'm trying to convert: <MODERATION: LINK REMOVED>

The error message I get when I attempt to convert this file is:

1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "C:\Users\Lupine Assassin\Desktop\Chi Lites - Greatest Hits (Quad)\01 Oh Girl.wav"
  An error occurred while writing to file (Unexpected audio format change) : "C:\Users\Lupine Assassin\Desktop\01 Oh Girl.wav"
  Conversion failed: Unexpected audio format change
We all bleed blue from the inside....

Reply #1
what are your converter settings?
What ac3 encoder?

Reply #2
Hi, welcome to the forum. Cute avatar.

Yeah, please don't post links to copyright protected content in the future. You can PM them to Peter, or PM them to other development/staff like me, and we can look into fixing the problem.

Yeah, I think I may need to fix the DTS WAV decoder. I think it's currently pre/post padding with 44100/16/Stereo, which would result in a format change when the DTS starts and stops. Ideally, it should absorb input until it finds a DTS packet, or gives up. Upon finding a DTS packet, it should emit the silence padding before it, upconverted to the format output by the DTS decoder.

If you'll just PM me a link to that file, I'll see what I can do.

Reply #3
Bump for fixed.