Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413398 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #375
I'm trying this plugin just now.
I've tried to get some french songs, but if there are accents or apostrophe, lyrics is cut, ant it lacks all the end of the song...

Can I do something to change that ?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #377
I'm trying this plugin just now.
I've tried to get some french songs, but if there are accents or apostrophe, lyrics is cut, ant it lacks all the end of the song...

what lyrics you are trying to get exactly?
I think they were incorrectly inported to the database, and plugin works correctly. Somebody must force someone to fix that year-and-a-half-known-issue :\
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #378
For example, "Le Roi Soleil - Entre ciel et Terre"
lyrics: "En vouloir" (in preview panel) whereas it should be: "En vouloir à la terre entière..."

Somebody must force someone to fix that year-and-a-half-known-issue :\

What do you mean ? Bug does not come from plugin ?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #380
If you submit full lyrics (with all these symbols) and try to get it back by the plugin, you'll have correct lyrics.

That's what I've just done, but it suggests me old file ("en vouloir")...

Edit: ah ! It looks ok now...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #381
It's badly imported lyrics...
dug, do you mean imported by an end user?

As I understand it, when fetching for a non existent lyric the server tries to retrieve it from some other source and something is broken at this stage: are you saying that the problem comes from those external sources and not from your import module?

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #382
As I understand it, when fetching for a non existent lyric the server tries to retrieve it from some other source and something is broken at this stage: are you saying that the problem comes from those external sources and not from your import module?

unfortunately, from importing module. and yes, stage is correct.
i think problem is in the new database-server location, it has really strange settings and utf8 barely works.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #383
Known bug (never fixed, AFAIK).

Alessandro

got me ashamed
Seems to be fixed. It was not the stupidest bug i've ever made, but the close one. Another "one byte bug" for my collection.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #387
nope, not a satch fan.
I also noticed that the lyrics cut bug occurs on all the lyrics which are in Japanese.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #388
I also noticed that the lyrics cut bug occurs on all the lyrics which are in Japanese.

example?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #389
Ahm.

Is there any interest in an importation of this feature - to iTunes ?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #391
Having problems getting this to work, do I have the right website or is it down?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #392
unfortunately the service is down, provider has some problems

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #393
Damn! I didn't notice that this plugin writes lyrics in the music files by default.
Now I cant remowe them. Now I have a lot of files with lyrics embedded. It is especially annoying when the lyrics are wrong. I dont want the lyrics to be embedded. How can I remove them???

Somethin else: Is it possible to use other lyrics servers than the default?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #394
Damn! I didn't notice that this plugin writes lyrics in the music files by default.

plugin was made for that, it's not such a surprise, that it does what it has to, but:

1) you had to enable that feature, to be default
2) you can select all the mp3's and delete the lyrics tag by one action
3) i have know idea why it's so bad, may we all must to do erase lyrics and throw the plugin away...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #395

plugin was made for that, it's not such a surprise, that it does what it has to, but:

1) you had to enable that feature, to be default
2) you can select all the mp3's and delete the lyrics tag by one action
3) i have know idea why it's so bad, may we all must to do erase lyrics and throw the plugin away...

1) So I enabled it then? Maybe...
2) How can I do that? And what about others like .tak?
3) I like the lyrics seperate from the audio file. Sorry about the tone, I was a bit angry with myself because I didn't checked the setting first.
____

4) Is it possible to use other/multiple servers?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #396
2) How can I do that?
In foobar2000, select all the tracks you want to modify, right-click -> Properties, select the <LYRICS> tag and press Del.

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #397
Does anyone know what happened to the mirkforce.net site?  I haven't been able to retrieve lyrics for a few days, and I can't access the site in a browser, either.  If this is a permanent thing, how could I go about querying other databases?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #398
Does anyone know what happened to the mirkforce.net site?

try to read few posts above: "unfortunately the service is down, provider has some problems".
hope it is not a permanent thing, and there's no other lep-servers…

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #399
any chance someone can upload the 0.9 beta5 zip to mediafire or somewhere please?