Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413520 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #275
Great plugin and lyrics database!! 
One questions though: I've played around enough with the plugin itself, now is there any documentation on the web api? I see references to it on the board, but haven't been able to find it.

Perhaps I'm not looking in some obvious location?? 

-P

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #276
I'm trying to write an application that does some processing on lyrics -- text summarization, keyword spotting, etc. For this reason, I'd like to query the lepserver.cgi script independently or through a web interface and feed that into my system.

Is this possible, or shunned? I tried following the query structure described in the lep page, but passing just the xml as a post to the script returns an error tag. I could always try to figure this out with ethereal, but I'm assuming (hoping) this is public info.

-P

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #277
nice plugin. does teh default database have a decent number of songs? also, i know it probably has nothing to do with the lyrics plugin, but when i display %lyrics% in a track info panel, there is a square at the end of every line. can i get rid of this square or somehow hide it with the same color as the background?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #278
nice plugin. does teh default database have a decent number of songs?
http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/cgi-bin/stats.cgi?period=1
also, i know it probably has nothing to do with the lyrics plugin, but when i display %lyrics% in a track info panel, there is a square at the end of every line. can i get rid of this square or somehow hide it with the same color as the background?
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=409728

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #279
nice plugin. does teh default database have a decent number of songs?
http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/cgi-bin/stats.cgi?period=1
also, i know it probably has nothing to do with the lyrics plugin, but when i display %lyrics% in a track info panel, there is a square at the end of every line. can i get rid of this square or somehow hide it with the same color as the background?
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=409728

HTH.

Alessandro

thanks for the quick responce. the string for the EOL char's works nicely, and that is one huge database. i should be able to find most of my music in there.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #280
Great plugin and lyrics database!! 
One questions though: I've played around enough with the plugin itself, now is there any documentation on the web api? I see references to it on the board, but haven't been able to find it.

Perhaps I'm not looking in some obvious location?? 

-P

You're probably looking for this page: http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/lep.html

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #281
Possible bug:
I was trying to get the lyrics for the album Ulver - Kveldssanger. Trying to retrieve the lyrics for the whole album gave no results, however when selecting only few songs separately the lyrics appeared

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #282
by the way: the database was moved to other hoster, and due some reasons posted lyrics for three or four days (i think 02-05 of august) were lost. Some new users maybe were lost too, sorry for that inconvenience...
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #283
.. and there is a new website-design!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #286
Possible bug:
I was trying to get the lyrics for the album Ulver - Kveldssanger. Trying to retrieve the lyrics for the whole album gave no results, however when selecting only few songs separately the lyrics appeared

Did the plugin find lyrics for the first song of the ones you selected? Because I have the feeling that, when searching for multiple lyrics, the pluign only finds/applies lyrics when the first song has lyrics. At least that's what's happening to me...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #287
Did the plugin find lyrics for the first song of the ones you selected? Because I have the feeling that, when searching for multiple lyrics, the pluign only finds/applies lyrics when the first song has lyrics. At least that's what's happening to me...

It seems, that when you try to recieve the lyrics for multiple files and a file with no db-entry is reached, the retrieving process is stopped. I think this bug was introduced when the database was moved (or with v0.07b4) 

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #288
It was already in before 0.07b4. This is a realy weird behaviour. The plugin also fails if you tell it to get a huge number of lyrics from the database.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #289
http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/ doesn't work

server down?
Where i can download foo_lyricsdb.dll now?
What about database - can i still download lyrics?
-----
edit

nvm

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #290
can someone upload lyricsdb for foobar 0.9 for me to download

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #291
The link in the first post works for me.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #294

can someone upload lyricsdb for foobar 0.9 for me to download

try it here. If you get a 'You are not authorized' message, reload the page. That webhosting provider closed down some years ago, but somehow my account is still working... 

Thanks I got it to work by browsing to your initial site before adding the /files/foo_lyricsdb_007_beta4.zip

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #295

It seems, that when you try to recieve the lyrics for multiple files and a file with no db-entry is reached, the retrieving process is stopped. I think this bug was introduced when the database was moved (or with v0.07b4) 

I am seeing a similar problem.  It will stop searching the database if it comes across a song that is not present.  However, it did also stop searching when it reached a song of mine that is in the database.  It keeps telling me that it isn't there, although a search shows that it is there.  It is Beck's "Qué Onda Guero"....I have it spelled the same way as it is in the database, but it won't allow me to download the lyrics.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #296
Can s.o. please tell me how show Lyrics from Lyricsdb in the Trackinfo correctly (without the squares at line's ends) ...??

.THNX.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #298
The FAQ says that one can edit lyrics via the web interface..how do i do that?

I've just submitted some lyrics, but i realized that i submitted the wrong lyrics for the wrong songs....

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #299
The FAQ says that one can edit lyrics via the web interface..how do i do that?

I've just submitted some lyrics, but i realized that i submitted the wrong lyrics for the wrong songs....

login first. And then use "my lyrics" link, for example.
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht