Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: E-MU 0404 USB - foobar2000 "forgets" ASIO config on shutdown (Read 92729 times) previous topic - next topic

E-MU 0404 USB - foobar2000 "forgets" ASIO config on shutdown

Reply #50
Yirkha, thank you it works finally!!!

It seems like I have messed up something first time...
I want to clarify for once again for Win7 64bit users:

1. put x86 emasio.dll to SysWOW64
2. put x64 emasio.dll to System32
3. reboot
4. set up ASIO output in foobar manually
5. reboot again

foobar should "remember" and be able to play through ASIO as it starts.

Huge thanks again, Yirkha! You are genious!!! I have been stuck with this problem for whole 3 years and no one on the internet had any working solution!!! I am *****ng happy now, becouse I dont have to push the same buttons again and again. Got plenty of time for better tasks freed! ,)))

Reply #51
Awesome!
I was already thinking what I had possibly screwed up and how to debug it, now I'm happy I don't have to anymore
Enjoy your music, I'm glad to help.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #52
You are great! It would be nice to hear a feedback from other users... )

Reply #53
Yirkha, thank you for all the trouble! Guess the driver dev team at Creative Professional could learn a thing or two from you  Especially about how to respond fast to the issues users are experiencing.
Now to the subject. It turns out I was wrong about the absolute need of an x64 ASIO driver under x64 Windows. The thing is - all the 32-bit sound software I have (sequencers, editors, etc.) uses the 32-bit emasio.dll. That includes FB2K and E-MU's own control applet, too. Figuring this out was easy: I'd deleted emasio.dll using 32-bit file manager and have tried to use some software - there's been no ASIO device for me.
Nevertheless... thanks to Yirkha's effort we're now ready for the future (i.e. 64-bit version of foobar2000)! And that's truly reassuring.

Also, I want to comment on a problem-solving algorithm that T_B_Good has suggested. I think there's no absolute need in rebooting on steps 3 and 5 if you use an external audio interface (like 0404 USB). You can just turn the interface's power off and back on, instead.

And one last thing: when you are replacing the files, make sure that you use a 64-bit file manager (like Windows Explorer), or else you may end up double-replacing the same 32-bit file, because for a 32-bit file manager System32 and SysWOW64 folders are equal

Reply #54
Kiyos, I suspect that turning on/off is not equal to rebooting. At least in my case with E-MU 0202. Becouse my foobar used to forget ASIO settings only due to system reboot and not after simple on/off operation.

Its interesting. So you state that Yirkha's x86 dll would be enough to solve foobar-ASIO problem on both Win7 32 and 64bit?

Reply #55
You are right that all 32-bit applications use only the 32-bit emasio.dll as their ASIO driver. But this DLL for example reads some information from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE registry hive (like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\<name>), which a standard user application cannot write. So they have to be written by some elevated process earlier - and that's what the E-MU service does, through emasio.dll too. Because the service will be (I believe) 64-bit on x64 Windows (or maybe both 32 and 64-bit, I don't really know), I think the x64 version of the driver is needed too, even if you use 32-bit applications only.

Reply #56
Here's some further feedback.
After replacing both DLLs I keep getting Microsoft Register Server (regsvr32) error in a "the program was terminated unexpectedly" form when I start foobar2000 for the first time after booting into Windows (or resuming from hibernated state). This one time FB doesn't start, but the next time I click on its shortcut it fires up all good and I can listen to music thru 0404's ASIO straight away, without re-configuring.
I've saved a copy of Windows' error report on this issue and I can share it anytime, should you need it.

Reply #57
Please do share, sounds like I screwed something up...

Reply #58
Nice stuff. EMU just released new (beta) drivers. Haven't tried them yet.

Reply #59
After replacing both DLLs I keep getting Microsoft Register Server (regsvr32) error in a "the program was terminated unexpectedly" form when I start foobar2000 for the first time after booting into Windows (or resuming from hibernated state).
OK, with the log you provided I found the cause of the crash. Please try the updated x64 version from [a href='index.php?act=findpost&pid=724792']here[/a].

EMU just released new (beta) drivers.
*fingers crossed*
Hacks sucks.

Reply #60
new beta driver for win7 haven't solve this problem....

emu reply:

Dear XX

Thank you for contacting us at  E-MU Customer Support.

Well, we would expect that the new beta-driver will work fine as similar to other commercial media players, like WMP, ITunes or Winamp, still there is no guarantee that other software such as Foobar will encounter minor problem.

As you can understand, we are unable to cover support to all available softwares around but we will try to look into it .
However, we would also suggest that you inquire directly from Foobar Developer and clarify the problem. if there is
any additional solution to it.

Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Please retain all the previous correspondence when replying to this email.
Best Regards,
Arman
E-MU Technical Support

We would like to announce that E-MU is now featured on YouTube :  http://www.youtube.com/user/EMUsupport  and FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/EMUSystems
You're invited to share your positive views and other feedbacks on the following websites which may contribute and improve our E-MU products in the future ahead. Check us out there and get some interaction among the E-MU users.

Reply #61
Well, I assume they have already stated somewhere they have their reasons for registering the ASIO drivers anew each time a device is detected. But you might forward them my solution to "generate a pseudo-random GUID based on the MD5 sum of NT device path instead of pure random ID for compatibility with applications remembering ASIO devices not by name but driver GUID", that seems like a good compromise to me.

Reply #62
At least there's hope for steady Windows 7 support, whatever it means...

Reply #63
Sorry, the previous post was irrelevant
I've tried the newest x64 version of the .dll, and - no issues so far. Not even that regsvr32 one. Haven't tried it on every piece of software I have, though - only on FB2K and on a standalone VST plugin, but I will keep you informed on my findings. Thanks.

Reply #64
No problem, of course you are free to comment on anything else. I'm glad for your continuing feedback, you don't see that as often as one would like.

Good to hear it works fine now. The last fix did not change the behavior in any way - the problem was just that the emaudsrv.exe process is being hotpatched by Windows for some reason and it redirected some API functions, which I did not expect.

Reply #65
Further tests have proved that the new libs work as intended. At least, with a single E-MU device present in the system. Is there someone here who has two or more?

Reply #66
Yirkha: Thanks a lot for your patched EMU ASIO driver!
Using it with my Emu 0404 and Foobar 1.0.3 and everything working fine. Awesome. I tried to find a fix an year ago and failed.

Reply #67
I just brought 0404usb about 2 month and annoying by this problem.
Luckily I found this post.
It fix now, just leave this message and many thanks to Yirkha.
I'll tell all my friends who using 0404usb+foobar2k about this great news!!

Reply #68
Thank you Yirkha!!! You made this world a better place! 
just for stats: Win7 x64, 0404 usb, 8.04 firmware, 6.00.01.0001 Beta

Reply #69
Does it work on Windows XP?

Reply #70
Yes, sure.

Reply #72
Hi,
  I'm using e-mu 0404 usb os w7 64bit. To get a round the aiso problems in foobar I use the Kernel Streaming support it allows bit-exact playback bypassing Windows kernel mixer and does not slow down my computer like aiso does.For recording I do use aiso in calkewalk Sonar LE 8.5 without any problems.And it all sounds great.

Reply #73
To Yirkha

Many thanks to you. My foobar now works perfectly.

Peter Yip from Hong Kong

Reply #74
Yirkha you are great men!!

Can you please do me a favor and for anyone who is using this card with the latest beta drivers?
in these new drivers the dll was changed for another one, anything was updated(i don't know what) but the file creation and size it's different from the latest stable drivers...and the product version too(from the properties)

so here are the files, can you please fix it in these?

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=c24g668tl8b  x86 system32

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=k3fkcym4dcd x64 SystemWOW64

thanks a lot!!!!!