Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: discussion of fix mp3 header plugin (Read 36826 times) previous topic - next topic

discussion of fix mp3 header plugin

Reply #25
ps. where can I upload the spreadsheet?

In the Uploads forum, of course.

I haven't tried your method yet.
As a matter of fact I haven't even finished reading, but I thank you for your willingness to help 
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #26
I managed to screw up some MP3 files I found with this tool. One was a CBR128 and the second a CBR192 file. Both play fine with foobar2000, Winamp and WMP.

Foobar2000 shows info on the files correctly.

Winamp says the CBR128 file is twice as long and the CBR192 file is three times longer than they really are.

WMP says the CBR128 file is less than half in length and that is is playing 316 Kbit/sec. The CBR192 is reported to be even shorter and 468 Kbit/sec.

Gspot claims the files are VBR files.

Reply #27
spreadsheet is in

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=14629&

Some other encoder delay's I have found are...

FhG - 672
Xing (old) - 528

These are the encoders reported by EncSpot... and only on a couple of albums - you're better off finding the encoder delay by yourself (using my method). But it does mean that it works for other encoders...

--Tosh
--Tosh

Reply #28
I can also suggest the use of the special file info box, which conveniently calculates the correct number of samples in any mp3 file automatically.

Reply #29
I have mp3 album encoded with LAME 3.88 (beta). I tried to make it gapless, guessing values with foo_dsp_nogaps. Most of time there are 2175, 2275, 2375 or 2475 samples removed from beginning. Foobar won't let me enter such value in enc_delay, saying the delay value is too big. Does that mean I can't fix this album at all? Or there is some way?

Reply #30
iles encoded with recent LAME should have correct headers with gapless playback info already most of the time (but they apparently don't have if encoded with certain frontends),

a frontend can do the damage? Does Razorlame produce corrupted vbr headers?

Reply #31
any chance to get this plugin to keep the LAME info tag?
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

Reply #32
Couldnt you modify this plugin to automatically detect the right amount of delay and padding by removing silence and the beginning and end?