Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Advanced search while browsing a server (Read 1163 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: mobile 1.2.17 doe...

Advanced search while browsing a server

Am I missing something in the app ?  I can’t search on my server. So far it works only for music stored  on the device.

Thanks for any hint.

Re: Advanced search while browsing a server

Reply #1
This would either require actually indexing remote servers, which I don't think it does, or crawling the entire server every time you perform a search, which it also doesn't do.

Reply #2
Hi,

Indeed, what about caching ? Maybe advanced search is too much. It would be nice to have at least simple search on Album/Artist/...  VLC and Mconnect are offering this.  BTW, I have no idea if upnp server protocol provides support for this.

Reply #3
Cache for how long? How would it know to check for new files? None of the supported protocols support sending notifications of changes, so it would still require periodic full scans.