Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar_remote and VB (not .NET)... (Read 4325 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar_remote and VB (not .NET)...

i want to use foo_remote plugin with VB to control foobar2000. I was able to do all the functions using SendMessage, but i can't figure out how to get the current playing track's info (title, artist, album) which is string data. Also, i want to know how can i retrieve track names in the playlist.

I have very little knowledge of VC++ but i'm quite well-versed with VB 6. There is limited information on internet about using foo_remote with VB so i'm kind of stumped on this one.

Please can anyone quide me on the right path?

Thanks in advance,
Amer.
AcTiVe_X

Reply #1
anyone???
AcTiVe_X

Reply #2
ok, i finally sorted it out myself....was tricky for sure!

first i had to subscribe a window to receive callback messages from foo_remote. Then, i capture COPYDATA messages sent to that window. Whenever i need to get a song in the playlist, i use SendMessage with song index in lParam, then i get song name via COPYDATA callback...
AcTiVe_X

Reply #3
Hi,

Where have you downloaded the lastest version of foo_remote?? Is it work with 0.8.3, because I can't see any foo_remote menu in options... Where can I find the documentation of this plug in? And wich message code do you now?