Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: trouble playing right with fb, aiii! (Read 2910 times) previous topic - next topic

trouble playing right with fb, aiii!

i've got a decent computer, with an audigy sound card. Winamp gave me the sh|ts for ages b4 i came across Foobar, which i'm mostly very happy with - though half the time i'm getting stutter's and evil pop's at the first few seconds of songs, glitches and blips sometimes, noticeable slowing down - kind of strangling for a second or two.
This was happening so crazy up to the point we're with Winamp I'd tryed everything i could - i heard of Foobar2000 - and obviously ive found it much much better. 

But still with these usual letdown's. Apart from that everything is sweet.

I'm running Directsound with a 2 second buffer. No hardware mixing. Fresh Install of Foobar2000 [all dll's on main fb site are installed] nothing more.

I'm aware of Creative Audigy's usual BS, i know - but surely this card is decent enough for me to be able to enjoy MP3 playback without sore eardrum's from noises and sh|t 

this goes for everything all formats including playing audio cds ///

thanks

Reply #1
Latest drivers? Have you tried the kX Project drivers?

Reply #3
I'm running Directsound with a 2 second buffer.

Very pardon me, but this 2 seconds....it's set as 2000 ms right?
Have you tried setting it at a higher buffering value (although I doubt it would make a difference) ?

Anyway, I have the SB Audigy like you, and when I installed the latest drivers on Win XP they worked pretty well (but resampling sucked) (when my motherboard is VIA-powered too). But I came across a thread on installing SB Audigy2 drivers on an Audigy, so I did that, and am running on Audigy2 drivers now, with nothing bad, except a BSOD every now and then.

Reply #4
thanks for the tips - well i'm trying kx project driver's now, having tryed everything known to man with the previous creative drivers. SO far they kick ass over the other's - there was instant better quality and instrument repro, not to mention the excellant customization abilities with Kx.
So im gonna see how i go, and try to nut out every little problem, since there is still occasional lag or pop etc, i have a week till i dj at a housewarming so i should be alright,
t]

thanks