Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Oscilloscope vis in columns ui (Read 8098 times) previous topic - next topic

Oscilloscope vis in columns ui

i'm still a columns ui user and i would really want a panel in there with an oscilloscope... but it seems the default oscilloscope vis in not included in the visualizations menu... so is there any oscilloscope plugin or a way to inset the default one into the columns ui interface??

Reply #1
you can use foo_vis_shpeck and with MilkDrop or AVS it's trivial to display oscilloscope

Reply #2
you can use foo_vis_shpeck and with MilkDrop or AVS it's trivial to display oscilloscope

i'm using the latest foobar2000 beta and this is the error i got after installing this component:
Failed to load DLL: foo_vis_shpeck.dll
Reason: Not a valid Win32 application.

besides i just want a damn simple oscilloscope... is that to much to ask??

Reply #3
go here if you have any problem with installing the component

you probably need to put the file NSCRT.DLL from Winamp folder in your foobar2000 folder

Reply #4
Strange, I have an oscilloscope under View - Visualisations. Are you using the latest versions of foobar2000 and Columns UI?

Reply #5
yes, but you can't use it as a CUI panel, only as a separate window

Reply #6
fixed the dilemma in an other way... by using george yohng's VST Wrapper for foobar and i've got a wonderful vst called: s(M)exoscope
anyway thanks for the link... now shpeck also works like a charm with the winamp visualizations... milkdrop is the bomb... avs still sucks cause it still not optimised for running a high end cpu... i'm running a q6600@2.8 and avs is using about 40% of all cores... milkdrop which looks better btw uses only about 7-8% CPU

Reply #7
as for separate window you can use the built in oscilloscope, it displays the both channels in more appropriate way, but fit it as you like it.

here are some simple frequency analyzers and kind of oscilloscopes for milkdrop:

simple frequency spectrums

about avs and cpu:

make new preset in avs editor, select render simple and your options
feel free to enhance it a little, because it's not so candy

Reply #8
yeah... i already did that in avs... used to make all kind of presets in avs back in the days when i was still a winamp user... thanks for the milkdrop presets!

merry christmas and a happy new year!