Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Thank you for the new Foobar2000 Ver 2.0  (Read 2401 times) previous topic - next topic

Thank you for the new Foobar2000 Ver 2.0

Dear @Peter and All Developers involved,

Thank you so much for the new Foobar2000 Ver 2,0.

You all made a great job.

Kind regards, Andrea

Re: Thank you for the new Foobar2000 Ver 2.0

Reply #1
Yes! Indeed

Thank you.

I'm using this for so long an other thank you is in order.

Reply #2
My heartfelt thanks to everyone who contributed over the years, and to those who will contribute to this project in the coming years.

Even as amazing as it is rn, I shall still continue looking forward to every future version of this project for years decades to come.

Reply #3
Yes, congrats on the release of fb2k 2.0 stable!

Reply #4
Thanks for the awesome release of foobar2000 Ver 2.0!  Love it!

Reply #5
Спасибо за новую версию.
Как скоро ожидать плагины для x64?

Google Translate:
Thanks for the new version.
How soon to expect plugins for x64?

MOD Note: Please include the English translation in any future posts.
TOS 10 - All members must post in English.  Content in other languages are allowed as long as full English translations are provided, or otherwise at the discretion of the staff.

Reply #6
Thanks a lot!

Reply #8
Yes, thank you! I have a CUI layout that I've refined over many years and it came through just fine.

A few playback components -- Monkey's and AC3 -- were rejected as "obsolete".  Is this functionality now native?

Reply #12
I'd like to add some extra thanks for the SDK which has made it super easy for incompetent buffoons like me to implement dark mode in my components with 2 lines of code per dialog. 

Reply #13
Once one is satisfied that they won't be reverting to V.1, Windows' "%appdata%/foobar2000" folder can be deleted, right?

Reply #14
Once one is satisfied that they won't be reverting to V.1, Windows' "%appdata%/foobar2000" folder can be deleted, right?

Yes.  It should be perfectly fine.  If you're 100% certain you aren't ever going back to V1.  You can also keep a portable V1 install for very specific tasks and components only and pack it away in zip/rar/7z archive.

Reply #15
Bravo, and thank you for your wonderful work. :)

Reply #16
Many thanks to Peter, musicmusic, and all who have contributed to the development of foobar2000!

I've been using foobar2000 (since 0.8.3) and Columns UI (since 0.1.2) as my main music player for nearly 20 years, and it just keep getting better.   8)

Reply #17
Yeah! Thanks! I love the Ver. 2.0 but I miss my Facets album cover grid :(

Reply #18
Foobar2000 has been my librarian and music player for so long I routinely take it for granted.  Thanks to Peter and all its developers for keeping it alive, excellent, and reliable!  You are appreciated!

Reply #19
Many thanks to Peter and the contributors for 20 years of maintaining and, more importantly, motivation to update Foobar2000.
Thanks also to all the component developers.

Reply #20
Thank you, to Peter and all of the developers and helpers here. Foobar2000 has been a mainstay in my life for over 15 years now, and I couldn't imagine life without it now! It is no overstatement to say it has revolutionized my music listening.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #21
The best Audio player in the world is getting better and better!

Congratulations @Peter for the release.

Reply #22
So thankfull to Peter and all other contributors for making this wonderfull audio player!

Reply #23
thanks for this v2 64 bits relisted to improve and renew our favorite music player
I hope we can install our 3 part components soon to make it better.

Reply #24
Thanks to all for this amazing piece of software and impressive Ver 2 (64 bit).  I moved from 1.6, mainly using FACETS and a few other components.   I installed 2.0, setup reFacets, and was back to my preferred library interface almost immediately.  And I didn't need to install any components. It turns out everything I use now comes automatically in ver 2.0.