Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp FhG AAC encoder with gapless fix (Read 118293 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp FhG AAC encoder with gapless fix

Reply #125
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but according to Winamp 5.63 version log, FhG AAC is 3.2.4, whereas at the encoder settings window in Winamp, it says FhG 3.02.11.

Maybe Chris can answer this.

My recent encodes show: "Tool fhgaac v03.02.11;VBR=5" and I was under the impression this was the latest version

How do you get this metadata?
I encode with Winamp and check for meta with MediaInfo, mp3Tag and dbpoweramp looking for encoder version and settings, but I never see any. I actually remember someone requesting this functionality to be added to the fhg encoder. So is this something new with winamp 5.63/fhg 3.2.11 or what?

Winamp FhG AAC encoder with gapless fix

Reply #126
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but according to Winamp 5.63 version log, FhG AAC is 3.2.4, whereas at the encoder settings window in Winamp, it says FhG 3.02.11.

Maybe Chris can answer this.

My recent encodes show: "Tool fhgaac v03.02.11;VBR=5" and I was under the impression this was the latest version

How do you get this metadata?
I encode with Winamp and check for meta with MediaInfo, mp3Tag and dbpoweramp looking for encoder version and settings, but I never see any. I actually remember someone requesting this functionality to be added to the fhg encoder. So is this something new with winamp 5.63/fhg 3.2.11 or what?

Its an update in the latest Winamp 5.7 Beta found here.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?p=...888#post2916888