Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch job for Replay gain (Read 2629 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch job for Replay gain

Does anyone know of a method to do a replay gain adjustment on an entire library on an album by album basis as a batch job? I have 250o albums in FLAC format and dont want to do them one at a time.

Reply #1
I would use foobar2000 for this - simply put all the files in a playlist and replaygian as albums by tags.

[edit] Typo. [/edit]
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #2
Winamp can also do it.
Glass half full!

Reply #3
Does anyone know of a method to do a replay gain adjustment on an entire library on an album by album basis as a batch job? I have 250o albums in FLAC format and dont want to do them one at a time.

To "do replay gain adjustments" sounds like you want do  apply replay gain on your FLAC files. Don't do that! You should only scan your files and let foobar tag them with replay gain info.
It is OK to apply RG on convertion to a lossy format from your FLAC files though, because most DAP's ignores the RG tags on playback.

Foobar2000 is recommended over winamp for this because it is way faster, especially on dual cores.