Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any command-line/Api to convert Game musics? (Read 1340 times) previous topic - next topic

Any command-line/Api to convert Game musics?

Are there any command-line utilities or C/C++ apis that would allow me to convert game music formats such as .spc(Nes) or .2sf(Nintendo Ds) and such?

It has to be programmable. I can't use a GUI, since I want to embed it to my software.

Re: Any command-line/Api to convert Game musics?

Reply #1
For .spc files at least, ffmpeg seems to be able to convert to WAV, but with an important caveat: a lot of .spc files don't have a defined length (in the game they're meant to loop indefinitely), so you have specify it manually in the ffmpeg command.

More details here.
Lossless: flac --best --verify
Lossy: opusenc --bitrate 160

Re: Any command-line/Api to convert Game musics?

Reply #2
Anything for nintendo ds .2sf games?
If there is no command line tools for it, I guess documentations on the specific format(how it's structured) would be fine too;