Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Cutting FLAC (Read 4389 times) previous topic - next topic

Cutting FLAC

I have roughly 130 FLACs that have two seconds silence after the track, where normally shouldn't be a gap. Can I remove the gaps, so that I have gapless playback or isn't this possible anymore?
When it isn't possible, I would like to make the gap so small that it isn't disturbing anymore.
Which tool can accomplish the task in batch mode?

Cutting FLAC

Reply #3
UPDATE: I had a go at shntool again. At my first try I used trim -e which only trims silence at the end of the song. If I let shntool trim at the beginning too, then the files are really gapless.
I handled the 130 FLACs with Batchenc which worked too. Excellent. Thanks.

Re: Cutting FLAC

Reply #4
Another option: WavTrim.
- windows user interface
- batch process (in 1 folder)
- option to cut only digital silence, or analog too
For trimming pre-track silence, the default settings are good for later converting back to FLAC in foobar2000. If you want to trim the analog silence too: free version does not remember your settings, so you must to set it again each time you start the app.