Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: usage trends from the access log? (Read 1970 times) previous topic - next topic

usage trends from the access log?

i'm curious about the usage trends here on ha.org, so i was wondering if there was some way i could see the access log...  i know that might sound suspicious, but i came across some software called "web log storming" (its available on download.com) to look at the usage trends on a local server.  its really interesting stuff; it shows percentage of usage per-day and per-hour usage in clear charts and tables, all from the access log.  i dont know if it would be possible or approptriate for something like this to be posted; if there are any security risks or anything...  i really dont know much about this stuff.  maybe there would be an easier, more proper way for me to look at the site stats.  mostly, i'm curious what times of the day and what days of the week get the most usage.  thanks in advance, and excuse my ignorance. 
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.