Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4559142 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #6900
One quick question about columns ui filters.

Is it possible for filter to list items in alphabetical order, but to ignore 'The', 'A', 'An',...? Exactly as facets do?

Something like this...

Porcupine Tree
Prince
The Prodigy
Propellerheads
The Psychedelic Furs
Pulp

But not 'Prodigy, The', or just 'Prodigy' to be listed. So, prefixes are ignored in actual sorting, but they are displayed normally.

It can be done somewhat. CUI's Filter settings tab has a "Sort incoming files by:" box in which you can use title formatting that strips articles. The problem is that the title formatting cannot be used to strip articles for each value of a multi-value tag. It's a limitation of title formatting that some component developers find workarounds for while others do not.

Columns UI

Reply #6901
It can be done somewhat. CUI's Filter settings tab has a "Sort incoming files by:" box in which you can use title formatting that strips articles. The problem is that the title formatting cannot be used to strip articles for each value of a multi-value tag. It's a limitation of title formatting that some component developers find workarounds for while others do not.

Tried to add that title formatting there, but no change. It's a single value tag, but still nothing.

Not too big of an annoyance, at least I got them to be displayed under right letter, they are just at the end:

Columns UI

Reply #6902
Hi,

I tried to add a new entry in the "Item properties", containing the names of the persons who wrote the lyrics of the song. They came with different tag names: WRITER on wma files, LYRICIST on mp3 files (everything tagged with Tag&Rename). Is there a way to take either of them in the same author field, instead of creating two separate lines?

Thanks in advance

Columns UI

Reply #6903
In the Artwork view, is there a way to first show the embedded image and then only if no embedded image is found to look for files that match the patterns? In my case, the opposite happens, but I don't think this is normal.

Columns UI

Reply #6904
have a look at file>preferences>advanced>display>album art>embedded vs external.

Columns UI

Reply #6905
Thanks for the reply. I switched from "Prefer larger" to "Prefer embedded", but the Artwork view of CUI still shows the external image first.
Maybe there could be "file" "pattern" that actually references the embedded image field, that we could put in front of the other patterns in the Front cover section, so that it gets higher priority over the file.

Columns UI

Reply #6906
it works as expected for me. can you definitely confirm the file you're using has embedded art in it? i did a quick test and embedded a little 76x76 image into a file while the external art is 600x600..

http://i.imgur.com/n2jZPJr.png

it might even be worth trying default UI for a moment just to see if that works for you. at least it might help narrow down where the problem is.

Columns UI

Reply #6907
Any artwork sources set up in Columns UI preferences may be taking priority.

Try removing any artwork sources set up in Columns UI preferences, and setting 'Built-in foobar2000 artwork reader' to 'Embedded and external artwork'.

Columns UI

Reply #6908
Any artwork sources set up in Columns UI preferences may be taking priority.

Try removing any artwork sources set up in Columns UI preferences, and setting 'Built-in foobar2000 artwork reader' to 'Embedded and external artwork'.

You're right: I moved the setting patterns from Preferences / Display / Columns UI / Artwork to Preferences / Display / Album art, added a .jpg at the end of each line and now it works as expected. I wonder why we would need two settings for the same thing. Thank you!

Columns UI

Reply #6909
Hi,

I tried to add a new entry in the "Item properties", containing the names of the persons who wrote the lyrics of the song. They came with different tag names: WRITER on wma files, LYRICIST on mp3 files (everything tagged with Tag&Rename). Is there a way to take either of them in the same author field, instead of creating two separate lines?

Thanks in advance

musicmusic or marc2003, maybe you have a suggestion to this setting, too?

Columns UI

Reply #6910
Code: [Select]
$if2(%writer%,[%lyricist%])

this would exclude lyricist from displaying if you somehow had both tags present within the same file that's probably unlikely.

Columns UI

Reply #6911
Code: [Select]
$if2(%writer%,[%lyricist%])

this would exclude lyricist from displaying if you somehow had both tags present within the same file that's probably unlikely.

Well, thank you for the try, but it didn't work. I also tried lyricist instead of writer, with brackets or not, with no success.
Maybe these fields don't accept any syntax after all, which makes the case impossible right now. Could you confirm if any syntax works?

Columns UI

Reply #6912
check how those tags are displayed within the foobar properties dialog. that is what you'll need to use.

Columns UI

Reply #6913
check how those tags are displayed within the foobar properties dialog. that is what you'll need to use.

Well, nothing special about them:
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/834/FX2Oya.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img673/9797/rtNbtg.png

I also tried the same code with the most standard fields, but with no more success.

Columns UI

Reply #6915
Well, nothing special about them:

indeed. custom tags should work just like this...

http://i.imgur.com/08VUsCP.png

It looks like you use the "Item details" panel, whereas the problem I'm describing belongs to the "Item properties" panel. I use the latter because it's automatically populated by other plugins like Podcatcher or Biography view. Can you script in "Item properties"?

Columns UI

Reply #6916
ah yes, my mistake - i totally misread that. i don't think what you're asking is possible.

Columns UI

Reply #6917
Indeed (also bearing in mind that Item properties allows tagging).

Though the root problem really is that two fields with different names in foobar2000 are being used for the same thing. The mappings from the native field to WRITER/LYRICIST are defined in foobar2000 and presumably Tag&Rename.

Windows Media seems to define:
WM/Writer
The WM/Writer attribute contains the name of the writer who wrote the words of the content.

ID3v2.4 defines:
TEXT
The 'Lyricist/Text writer' frame is intended for the writer of the text or lyrics in the recording.

You can see how they could end up being called WRITER and LYRICIST respectively but they sound more or less equivalent to me. From the description of TEXT, TEXT isn't necessarily a lyricist so perhaps the mapping for that should be changed in foobar2000.

Columns UI

Reply #6919
bit of a hack but you could use WRITER to tag your mp3 files within foobar. as this isn't mapped to anything, it will be written to a TXXX frame.

and no, you can't do anything about the tag mapping currently. as that isn't a columns issue, perhaps a new request thread should go in the general section.

Columns UI

Reply #6920
I've put up version 0.3.8.9 beta to fix a [a href='index.php?showtopic=109008']a couple of reported bugs[/a]. There's also been some code reorganisation and it's compiled with VS2013 so it could do with some testing to check that everything still works.

Columns UI

Reply #6921
@musicmusic

Is it possible to have an option to disable (or to disable it definitively) this message:

Columns UI

Reply #6922
I agree it's annoying (I imagine it was intended...)

I stayed with the old preferences API as I much preferred UI options taking effect instantly rather than after clicking an apply button. Trying various fonts would be far more painful, for example, if they had to be applied each time. There's also an example of confusion in DUI preferences - you can import themes from prefs, but then they don't need applying!

I could update to the new API and just leave the apply button disabled. But I don't think that's what the intention of the message was...

Columns UI

Reply #6923
Indeed (also bearing in mind that Item properties allows tagging).

Though the root problem really is that two fields with different names in foobar2000 are being used for the same thing. The mappings from the native field to WRITER/LYRICIST are defined in foobar2000 and presumably Tag&Rename.

Windows Media seems to define:
WM/Writer
The WM/Writer attribute contains the name of the writer who wrote the words of the content.

ID3v2.4 defines:
TEXT
The 'Lyricist/Text writer' frame is intended for the writer of the text or lyrics in the recording.

You can see how they could end up being called WRITER and LYRICIST respectively but they sound more or less equivalent to me. From the description of TEXT, TEXT isn't necessarily a lyricist so perhaps the mapping for that should be changed in foobar2000.

FYI, we have the same problem with the mood field: it's MOOD for wma, ogg, opus, speex, but COMMENT MUSICMATCH_MOOD for mp3 (id3v2.3) and TMOO (id3v2.4)! I reckon we could find some other field examples, as well. Although it's not this component's fault, I hate these inconsistencies in tags!

Columns UI

Reply #6924
I've thought about this for a while but I figured columns_ui was no longer under development, but now it's back in action! So here's a suggestion and/or question:

I've always wanted to have an option to say "only use the cover image if there are more than X entries in a group". Would this be possible to implement?