Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: dBpoweramp Music Converter R12 (Read 80860 times) previous topic - next topic

dBpoweramp Music Converter R12

Reply #100
Hold the mouse over the flac files, does dbpoweramp show the id tags in the popup?

Sorry for the delay in replying HA seems to randomly send me emails if someone replies to my subscribed topics!

Yes it does....when I drag the MP3s onto mp3tag there are no tags at all, not just missing fields, they're completely missing?

It's not a big thing really but a small bug I guess.

Reply #101
and if you hold the mouse over the mp3 file with missing tags, there is nothing there either?

Reply #102
and if you hold the mouse over the mp3 file with missing tags, there is nothing there either?

Nope, nothing. V. strange. I've added them back in now except for the one track it renamed to 00 - -.mp3  Need to listen to that one and figure out what it is.

Reply #103
When I use dBpoweramp Music Converter R12 to convert my FLAC files (with the cover art embedded in each file) to LAME Mp3, the cover art isn't in the resulting Mp3 files ... is it supposed to be ... or am I am I missing something?  Does anyone know how I can get dBpoweramp Music Converter R12 to transfer the album art from the FLAC files to the corresponding Mp3 files as it encodes them?  My FLAC files are all in one folder ... they are not organized into folders by artist ... etc ... if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any help ... 

Reply #104
You have installed the latest R7 FLAC 1.1.4 Codec (it is in the beta section of our forum)? only that one will read album art.

Reply #105
Found some more bugs....now thinking about reverting back to the previous version because these are seriously annoying. Especially since R11 did them fine.

1. Doesn't seem to be copying across any ReplayGain info when converting from FLAC to LAME (used to do in R11_3...I know this changes slightly anyways but it shouldn't just ignore it now.
2. In the batch convert dialogue, the Dynamic folder option is always greyed out meaning I can't convert stuff with it's directory structure like I used to.
3. No option to specify the options I want in LAME.

These are so  annoying for me that I'm now looking for something else to replace it

Reply #106
3. No option to specify the options I want in LAME.

These are so  annoying for me that I'm now looking for something else to replace it

Can't specify custom option in FLAC either - like frame size - without resorting to the command line. I'm using other tools for the same reason. 

And yes, I've  read how to use the dbPowerAmp CLI. I just don't want to - I much prefer GUI's.
EAC secure | FLAC  --best -V -b 4096 | LAME 3.97 -V0 -q0 -b32

Reply #107
>1. Doesn't seem to be copying across any ReplayGain info when converting from FLAC to LAME (used to do

Replay Gain tags are dropped on purpose (many lossy encoding effect the volume, so RG should be recalculated), we have ReplayGain components to calculate RG whilst converting (install the DSP effects).

>2. In the batch convert dialogue, the Dynamic folder option is always greyed out meaning I can't convert

Dynamic Naming is part of dBpoweramp Reference

>3. No option to specify the options I want in LAME.

Exactly like R11, you would have to use the CLI Encoder and pass you own command line. Most codecs you see in dBpoweramp are incorporated into dBpoweramp, that allows us to have user friendly compression settings pages, but at the same time we do not use Lame.exe, for flac.exe to encode, we encode internally, so it is not possible to pass command-lines without using the CLI Encoder.

Reply #108

Exactly like R11, you would have to use the CLI Encoder and pass you own command line. Most codecs you see in dBpoweramp are incorporated into dBpoweramp, that allows us to have user friendly compression settings pages, but at the same time we do not use Lame.exe, for flac.exe to encode, we encode internally, so it is not possible to pass command-lines without using the CLI Encoder.

In R11 there is a field in the GUI where I can paste any encoder arguments for LAME or FLAC that I want and they are passed to the encoder without using the dBpoweramp CLI.

Why can't that feature be re-enabled?
EAC secure | FLAC  --best -V -b 4096 | LAME 3.97 -V0 -q0 -b32

Reply #109
You have installed the latest R7 FLAC 1.1.4 Codec (it is in the beta section of our forum)? only that one will read album art.

Thanks Spoon ... that worked perfectly!! 

Reply #110

In R11 there is a field in the GUI where I can paste any encoder arguments for LAME or FLAC that I want and they are passed to the encoder without using the dBpoweramp CLI.

Why can't that feature be re-enabled?

Yep, this is what I was talking about.

spoon, thanks for the other replies! Bit daft on the renaming tho, all I had to do was load everything into mp3tag and make it rename it. I did pay for R11 so might for R12 if I don't find anything else. Cheers again!

Reply #111
When I get a few moments I will pin a forum page that has the Enocder CLI settings for all popular encoders.

We once had a Lame CLI encoder, like you mentioned, never had one for FLAC though.

Reply #112
Hi

Can anyone help me set up TAK as a CLI encoder for dbpoweramp? I tried the following:

-e -p4 [infile] [outfile]

but the program just crashes. (the temporary wave file is indeed formed but it doesn't get converted: resulting tak file is 0 bytes  )

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply #114

-e -p4 [infile] [outfile]

Try (without looking at TAK):

-e -p4 "[infile]" "[outfile]"

Hi spoon

Thank you for your response. I did as you suggested, but i still got the same error. This time, i tried to use the command line tak myself on the temp file, but the error i got (from tak) was "wave file not supported". very weird.

Reply #115
If you checked the 'Highest Quality Decode' option then dBpoweramp might write a Floating point wave file.

Reply #116
If you checked the 'Highest Quality Decode' option then dBpoweramp might write a Floating point wave file.

Hi

I hadn't turned it on. I've twiddled with almost every setting there and i still can't get it to work  . So now i'll just rip to wavs and then use foobar to convert them to taks.

Thanks for your replies though.

Reply #117
I've been looking through the forums here and at dpoweramp and I can't see a set of recommended settings for the Reference Version.  Does such a recommendation exist?

I've been a dbpoweramp user for a long time now and gladly paid for the reference version even though I've been using EAC as my main ripper since I started using FLAC and a Squeezebox. 

It looks like dbPoweramp no longer has any reason for me not to use it for ripping now that it has the secure mode (I used it only for converting and EAC for ripping to FLACs).  In fact it's more accurate to say that it may have many reasons for me to use it.  MultiCPU support and Secure Ripping!

Thanks Spoon! 

Fairy

Reply #119
What drive are you using and can it provide C2 pointers?

Don't worry I've got the hang of R12 now and must say I'm very impressed, very!  I found the renaming thing a fiddle at first but I've got it setup the way I like it.  I'd love to see Musicbrainz integration and maybe also the intelligence to redo album gain for all tracks if a track is reripped.

Thanks,
Fairy

Reply #120
I've been looking through the forums here and at dpoweramp and I can't see a set of recommended settings for the Reference Version.  Does such a recommendation exist?

I will add one when HTOA support is added to dBpowerAMP

It looks like dbPoweramp no longer has any reason for me not to use it for ripping now that it has the secure mode.

In general, I agree. R12 is a great app and in most areas a good step forward compared to EAC. However, I have 2 major areas that I would like to see fixed:
-Lack of HTOA support means that R12 is unable to get all tracks off all discs
-Option to force secure ripping for frames not covered by AccurateRip

I'd love to see Musicbrainz integration

I am also hoping that spoon warms to my idea, which includes Musicbrainz integration - Please go add your support to let spoon know:
Advanced Tagging Tool
As I believe this would be VERY helpful for what I find to be the hardest part of building a music library - getting good tags!

Reply #122
Thanks Eli.  I've posted in your thread on the subject.

I didn;t know about HTOA but now I do, I'm thinking hmmm I must be missing some extras somewhere among my 471 CDs. http://www.daefeatures.co.uk/htoa.php

Thanks for the feedback. It looks as though the choices could get significantly cheaper and better, see the last post: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=12424