Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sidewinder X6 media keys (Read 3529 times) previous topic - next topic

Sidewinder X6 media keys

Hello, I just got my new sidewinder x6 gaming keyboard and found that the media keys didn't work in foobar2000 as global hotkeys (so you they work minimized).
So I did my normal thing and googled my problem and found that the problem was intelli type and fixed it by deleting the process itype.exe (solution here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....howtopic=45457).

However, I later found that since intelli type was in charge of my macro keys, and thus I could not use macros with foobar, and vice versa.

This is a big problem for me mainly because I got this keyboard to game, and to minimize cpu/ram usage while gaming, I have to use a minimalistic player (foobar2000). However, being a gamer, the loss of the ability of macros in game was just as bad.

So, any solutions?

Sidewinder X6 media keys

Reply #1
Thanks so much for this info... I have no idea how to fix it but since I never use macros I'm just happy that my keys are now working.  Maybe some dev will look into this? The older MS Keyboards (which also used itype) worked...

Sidewinder X6 media keys

Reply #2
I just got Sidewinder x6 today and having the same problems.

I've found a workaround without killing itype.exe from foobar wiki.

basicly, just set keymap in intellitype pro to run foobar /<command>
play button: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" "/playpause"
next button: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" "/next"
prev button: "C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" "/prev"

you can find a list of foobar /<command> here.