Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_naac problems (Read 2605 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_naac problems

Hi

I'm using foobar 0.8.3 (upgrading to 0.9 soon, there's still some stuff I need that's not working) and the foo_naac plugin to transcode music to listen to on my mobile phone.  I have Nero 7.2.0.3b installed (registered) and randomly get crashes when encoding to AAC using it.  Some files seem to be fine, some will always crash it.

Has anyone else had this? I noticed the AAC options window in Nero has changed since the previous 7.x release so would this be the problem? 

Is there a better way to use the Nero AAC encoder instead?  I'd like to use it as I know it's good sound quality and I'd rather not use iTunes for this.

Here's a copy of one of the crash logs

Thanks for any help.

foo_naac problems

Reply #1
The encoder interface changed in Nero 7.2 and the 3rd party frontends no longer work reliably.

There should be a solution for this problem available soon, hopefully today. See the last few posts in:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=43996

foo_naac problems

Reply #2
Wow, thanks for the fast reply!  So from reading that thread I'll assume a proper command line encoder is coming soon  That's great news.  I'll use 7.0.5.4 until then.