Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC advanced command line EAC/LAME problems (Read 1874 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC advanced command line EAC/LAME problems

Hello everyone.

Hope you don't mind me registering to ask this question, but it's been driving me crazy for 3 days now.

Last weekend, a Windows auto update left my PC needing to be rebooted from its factory settings. I've used EAC/LAME for a decade but am finding it all but impossible to set up to burn FLAC files from a CD.

I've re-read dozens of times the EAC wiki pages but can't get my head around it.

The advanced command code I'm trying to get to work is:

-0 -T “artist=%artist%” -T “title=%title%” -T “album=%albumtitle%” -T “date=%year%” -T “tracknumber=%tracknr%” -T “genre=%genre%” %source%

The test encoder said it didn't recognise the -0 so I removed that so it's like this:

-T “artist=%artist%” -T “title=%title%” -T “album=%albumtitle%” -T “date=%year%” -T “tracknumber=%tracknr%” -T “genre=%genre%” %source%

Then the test encoder has this message:

C:\Program Files\lame3995ox64.exe -T "artist=Track Artist" -T "title=Track Title" -T "album=CD Title" -T "date=1999" -T "tracknumber=05" -T "genre=Drum Solo" "etmp58-!).wav"

C:\Program Files\lame3995ox64.exe: excess arg album=CD Title

I have User Defined Encode on, and .flac and have the CRC and ID3 boxes unchecked.

Can anyone help? I'm at a dead-end after days of trying to sort this out!

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm using EAC V1.3 and lame3995ox64.

Re: FLAC advanced command line EAC/LAME problems

Reply #1
lame.exe (lame3995ox64.exe) is for encoding MP3. You need to use different 'Additional command line options'.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_and_Lame

If you want FLAC then you need to use flac.exe.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_and_FLAC
Your original 'Additional command line options' should work with flac.exe.
korth

Reply #2
Thanks for your reply. So LAME can't turn do FLAC files at all then?

EDIT: With EAC, I mean?

Reply #4
Thanks for your help. I understand - need to download the FLAC codec for this to work.

Appreciate your assistance.