Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_title, new version for 0.9 (Read 279547 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_title, new version for 0.9

Reply #350
its possible to change shuffle mode button to random mode button?

Reply #351
Hi Quiark. I would love to use this component, but I get the same error that many others have got.

This comes up at startup of fb2k. I can't use foo_title at all (there are no skins under 'installed skins'). When I close fb2k, it crashes. This happens every time.

Please help!

Thank you in advance.

Reply #352
Hi, all you need to do is copy the skins into

C:\Users\Yoshi\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\foo_title\

then they should appear in the preferences and select one.

I'm aware of foobar2000 crashing with foo_title when it closes, but had no time to fix it yet :/ Hope it doesn't affect you too much.

Reply #353
Aha! That did the trick! Thank you for this nifty component!

Reply #354
Hello,

foo_title directory with the skins needs to be copied in C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\foo_title\

Could someone recall where to copy foo_managedWrapper.dll and dotnet_title.dll on a regular (not portable) install ?

I had to reinstall my foobar after hard disk crash. Can't figure out where to put the dlls 
I run windows seven and foobar v1.1.10
thanks

Reply #355
Open preferences and then components tab. Next, drag foo_managedWrapper.dll onto the window and apply. After you've done that copy second file into the directory where's foo_managedWrapper.dll. It should be C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\user_components\foo_managedWrapper or something along these lines.

Reply #356
Open preferences and then components tab. Next, drag foo_managedWrapper.dll onto the window and apply. After you've done that copy second file into the directory where's foo_managedWrapper.dll. It should be C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\user_components\foo_managedWrapper.
Thanks, works great 

Reply #357
Doesn't work under v1.1.11 for me

Reply #358
Is it possible to make foo_title locked in place?

Reply #359
wow
i love it
but is there a way to fade in the pop up and fade out
i did play with the settings but no luck

thanks
cheers

Reply #360
Hi, it can only do what's in the settings.

Reply #362
You need to twiddle the opacity sliders as well. But it only reacts to mouse over, not to song changes or anything else.

Reply #363
You need to twiddle the opacity sliders as well. But it only reacts to mouse over, not to song changes or anything else.

ahh
thanks
now it's clear
i can't set the fade at playing song , or change songs

by the way thanks for super cool component!

Reply #364
Hi,

Would it be possible to render text with ClearType?

Reply #365
Hi, ClearType is disabled, because it doesn't work in other than black-on-white situations (which happens often on skins). Only basic antialiasing is used.

Reply #366
The component doesn't seem to work under Windows 8. Any plans to give support for Windows 8?

Reply #367
I'll try to look into it when I get access to a Win8 machine. In the meantime, do you have any closer description of the problem?

Reply #368
@Quiark
Could you please change Legacy SDK to New SDK for embedded cover art ?
so now fb2k can read and define from Configure>Display>Album art,
if use Core Built-in Artwork Reader API.

Reply #369
The component doesn't seem to work under Windows 8. Any plans to give support for Windows 8?

I just got it working on my Windows 8 machine (Windows 8 Pro Pack x64).  I had to manually copy "components" and "foo_title" to foobar's installation folder and also copy the "foo_title" folder to the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\ folder as described earlier in this thread.

I've only been using it for 15 minutes but other than album art not displaying (which I don't really care about anyway), so far so good.

Reply #370
Due to sourceforge's unacceptable behavior, I have converted foo_title to git and it's now hosted at github:

https://github.com/Quiark/foo_title

Unfortunately no updates or fixes right now, it's still the same 0.8.1 version.

Re: foo_title, new version for 0.9

Reply #371
For no obvious reason, most of my skin buttons stopped working.  I had just installed another component (foo_upnp).  I switched my legacy action buttons over the menu actions and they work again.  "Play or Pause" worked in another skin I tried.  Just FYI for anyone that still uses foo_title.  "Activate or hide" still works, and I don't know of a menu command that would do the same thing.

Reply #372
Necromancing!
I want to apologize in advance to @Quiark: if you consider this post inappropriate in this thread, please say so, and I will move it somewhere else.

Anyways I was using this great component for a long time, but nowadays it became pretty outdated and had some severe (for my use cases) bugz.
After some time I've found a fork of LepkoQQ (https://github.com/LepkoQQ/foo_title), who made a great job and added several features and numerous quality of life fixes. But it was still not enough for me: there was one nasty bug left and it was missing some features that I wanted.

So I made another fork! Without further ado here it is:
Version: 0.9.1
Link: https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_title/releases
Changelog:
  • Added peek action: this action displays foo_title popup for a brief time. Can be assigned to hotkeys. Can only be used when foo_title is enabled.
  • Added fade in and fade away animations for popup.
  • Fixed Unicode logging messages handling: now it won't break console output on systems with Unicode locale.
  • Renamed dll to "foo_managed_wrapper": for consistent component naming.
  • Also see changelogs from https://github.com/LepkoQQ/foo_title/releases , since it was forked from his repo.
  • Probably added some new bugz.

v0.9.2

Reply #373
Version: 0.9.2
Changelog:
  • Added ability to configure anchor point position in skin.xml (see below).
  • Added ability to display anchor point (see config page).
  • Fixed inability to evaluate foobar2000 queries in skin.xml, when there is no song playing.
  • Fixed memory leak.

Anchor
Description:
Anchors specific position of skin to display. When skin size changes, anchor stays on the same place (relative to display), meaning that the skin will expand or contract only in non-anchored directions (see showcase below).
Default anchor position: Top | Left.

Usage:
Code: [Select]
<skin author="$author" name="$name" width="$width" height="$height" anchor_type="%anchor_type">
Where %anchor_type is one or the comma separated combination of the following: "Left", "Right", "Top", "Bottom", "Center".

Example:
Code: [Select]
<skin author="author" name="name" width="256" height="256" anchor_type="Top,Left">
Showcase (with anchor point displayed):

Reply #374
Version: 0.9.3
Changelog:
  • Added double-click action to button layer (for usage see https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_title/releases/tag/v0.9.3).
  • Added 'minimal' geometry type (for usage see https://github.com/TheQwertiest/foo_title/releases/tag/v0.9.3).
  • (!!!) Renamed anchor_type property to anchor.
  • (!!!) Added culling to layer drawing, meaning that the layer can't draw outside of it's specified size. Might break skins that rely on drawing without culling.
  • Value for 'anchor' property is now case insensitive: i.e. 'Right' and 'right' are treated the same.
  • Fixed popup being out of screen when changing to skin with different anchor.
  • Fixed error being displayed on startup, when there is no foo_title folder found.