Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_shpeck (Read 724970 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #700
Question:  How come when I try to download Winamp from their website, Milkdrop isn't detected by shpeck?

Where did the milkdrop 2.3 that I downloaded from this thread come from?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #701

You don't need to download Winamp. Just make an empty text file and rename it "winamp.exe". Put that exe file, and a folder named "plugins", inside a folder named "winamp" (it can be anywhere). Put the contents of milkdrop 2.23 (two dll files and a folder) into the plugins folder.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...inamp_directory

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #702
Just trying it out. One question: How can I make it start automatically with playback? 

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #703
Hey guys,

Got the plugin working fine.

But my problem is that when I double-click to maximise the Shpeck it opens on my main monitor (with the Win Taskbar).
I don't use WAmp these days, but I went back and checked the settings, before coming here, and adjusted the visuals to maximise to my 3rd screen and it worked no probs... so its just when its emulating (or 'whatever') in Foobar2000 that it spacks out.

Anyone have a solution??

Cheers

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #704
Anyone know if there is a way to force shpeck to detect a DLL? I'm trying to get a Winamp visualization called Glow (really nice and relaxing - think PS3 bootup animation - would love to have running 24/7 in desktop mode) to work and it isn't showing up when I move it into the plugins director (I've tried it with both fake no winamp installed directories and winamp install directories but both only show Milkdrop or AVS. The visualization works fine in Winamp but I can't figure out how to get it into desktop mode as it only seems to want to fullscreen.

Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #705
Does someone have a "standalone" version of milkdrop which work without any crash ?
I use the version 2.23 posted by Chesteta here in a columnUI panel, but it makes foobar crash randomly (most of the time it crash when i try to hide the panel containing the visualisation, but it crash also with shpeck in a separate window).

It makes also foobar memory usage grow and grow when the visualisations are active ... there is probably a memory leak somewhere i guess, maybe that's why it crash, i don't know.

@ButterBricks There is a configure button for Milkdrop in preferences>Visualisations>Shpeck, in common settings tab, you'll be able to choose the right screen.
@gism I don't know how to run shpeck in a separate window automatically, but you can insert it as a panel for ColumnUI or DefaultUI. The "double-click to go fullscreen" feature still work when shpeck is in a panel, so it should be enough ?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #706
( Well, i find a fix myself, I simply use the "Fix for MilkDrop 1.04" which can be find in the first post of this thread, it seems to work as a "Fix for MilkDrop 2.23" too  )

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #707
MilkDrop 2.25 package  (Winamp 5.63 Build 3235)

Changelog:
Fixed: [vis_milk2] Presets not reacting to music in localized installs (Milkdrop v2.25)

Download:
MediaFire

RapidShare

Hotfile

MD5:
ED8D7FBA48A6EE6A72F17D16FD7EEFB8

VirusTotal

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #708
Question:  How come when I try to download Winamp from their website, Milkdrop isn't detected by shpeck?

Where did the milkdrop 2.3 that I downloaded from this thread come from?

It doesnt work for me with 5.63 either (Confusing for new users)! Seems to me like they have changed the way they handle the visual c runtimes... When I put the msvcr90.dll into the plugins folder and reload,  shpeck throws the following Error message (Just ignore the miranda thing, it reads \path\to\foobar2000.exe, I just couldn't be bothered uploadaing the image again so I took that one)

Same happens when I replace the dll from Protimus with "my" Milkdrop dll... Where did you get your dll from, Protimus?

Cheers, JD

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #709
You have to embed a manifest in newer vis_milk2.dll versions for it to work.
The one I posted is from a fresh Winamp install with the manifest added.

You can use CFF Explorer,  Resource Tweaker etc. to do it yourself.

Resource type 24, ID 2

Code: [Select]
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
  <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT" version="9.0.21022.8" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"></assemblyIdentity>
    </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
</assembly>

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #710
Hello, fellow visualizer fanatic here.

I'm trying to get milkdrop working with foobar/spheck.

I tried downloading the latest winamp (5.63) which includes milkdrop 2.25. This did not work as spheck/foobar didn't recognize milkdrop in the list of visualizers when I pointed it to the winamp install folder.

I just tried the method/download Protimus offered and it detected milkdrop but gave me the following errors:

EDIT: Also check out this preset pack:
http://www.bitcore.org/bltc.exe

It seems like the latest milkdrop has these presets (or at least most of them?) but maybe if your running an older version you could benefit from these trippy presets.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #711
ill admit, im a noob at this sort of thing - but there's only one way to learn

i've installed and set shpeck as a tab for foobar - yet it isn't displaying anything (see link)

http://gyazo.com/8c16dd99e0df508291de99bfd07d3ad7

what am i doing wrong? i followed the instructions above (putting winamp and milkdrop in folder etc - ended up downloading winamp as well to try it out but i didnt like it) and it that is all that shows up

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #712
hello, please help! I want to show off the visualisation in visual panel but it does not want to appear in the panel! It is shown pretty well in separate window! I need it appear in visual panel of foobar skin!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #713
ah, finally I could enjoy the shpeck in foobar with visualisations inside! milkdrop v2.25 works perfect! Amazing

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #714
I wonder what did you do?

I can embed AVS but not MilkDrop, which show only as separate window.
If I embed Shpeck and select MilkDrop as autostart plugin, it shows in separate window instead in Shpeck UI element
What am I missing?

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #715
Get directx 9 or later failed to load in windows 8.  I presume shpeck/milkdrop is not working in windows 8 at this stage?

Regards

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #716
what am i doing wrong? i followed the instructions above (putting winamp and milkdrop in folder etc - ended up downloading winamp as well to try it out but i didnt like it) and it that is all that shows up

I got it to work doing setting up the folder per instructions (viz\Winamp\Plugins\avs), and the text file Winamp.exe did work. I ended up using AVS 2.83.dll instead of the mod one as whoever modded it made the Editor too huge for my screen. Early AVS.DLL's tended to crash foobar as well if I clicked on SuperScope in the Editor (something about some type of something that couldn't be done on my Vista...you know what I'm talkin' bout) 
Anwayz, go: File|Preferences|Visualizations|Shpeck
01. Make sure the section "Winamp Directory" is pointing at the folder with the blank winamp.exe file in it.
02. Below that (if 01 is done correctly) you should see "Advanced Visualization Studio yadda yadda".
03. Click on it and click the [Start/Stop] button.

After that, you should be able to right-click on the panel you put Shpeck on and choose a visualization (if any are installed by you).
I didn't have much luck on a bunch of the newer avs, but I managed to find a zip of some old avs on the Winamp boreds.

Awesome plug-in!

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #717
After an hour or more trying to get shpeck/milkdrop working with a relative path to the milkdrop files on a portable copy of the latest 1.1.11 version of FB2K  I've given up.  It works fine when a full path is set with a drive path: E:\foobar2000\components\shpeck. But with just .\components\shpeck set, Milkdrop is added as an available plugin, FB2K complains: "plugin dll could not be loaded" when I start the visualization.

The only post I could find on this was from 2010 here where byterhythm noted the same problem.

I have had this working for a few years now in an older portable v0.9.6.9 FB2K using a VB file that creates a virtual drive U:  But it would be nice to get a new copy working.

Has anyone figured out a solution for this?  Or is it not possible with a portable FB2K?
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #718
After an hour or more trying to get shpeck/milkdrop working with a relative path to the milkdrop files on a portable copy of the latest 1.1.11 version of FB2K  I've given up.

It looks like the problem is probably with the coding of Yirkha's Shpeck itself.  Does that make sense?  I'll send him mail on the issue, but he hasn't been posting in any Hydrogen forums recently.  He posted twice in February, but those were his 1st posts in about a year at that point.

Edit: Hmmm... I see in this post, byterhythm says that, "It seems that using a relative path (.) to the plugins directory no longer works on foobar 1.1."

I wonder if that means that it was possible to get relative paths to the Milkdrop to work on versions of FB2K before v1.1.
================

Edit2: Just tested this with a copy of FB2K v1.0.1 and found that setting a relative path DOES WORK in it.  So somewhere along the way it seems that it was a problem with  FB2K coding that cause this problem.
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #719
Can anyone think of a reason why my MilkDrop settings aren't persisting? Every time I close the Configure window they're reset to the defaults. Which are pretty unsatisfactory imo.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #720
Ah, figured it out. For anyone else with this problem: You need to run fb2k as an administrator.

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #722
I've made a step-by-step tutorial for newcomers, including the fix for shader errors mentioned above:

MilkDrop in foobar2000 on Windows 8

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #723
Can i just get confirmation that these non-official Milkdrop 'packages' are just vis_milk2.dll purely with the addition of the manifest file so it can then access the crt as needed ? If so i'll add this natively for the next version as i'm really not ken on seeing unofficial builds floating about.

-daz

foo_vis_shpeck

Reply #724
Can i just get confirmation that these non-official Milkdrop 'packages' are just vis_milk2.dll purely with the addition of the manifest file so it can then access the crt as needed ? If so i'll add this natively for the next version as i'm really not ken on seeing unofficial builds floating about.

-daz

What makes you say this? My milkdrop package is a lot more files than just those 2.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=tunN6c77