Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_simple_spectrum (Read 97005 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #25
I think there is a bug in the panel plugin when resizing the columns ui sidebar. Just add the simple spectrum to the sidebar and then minimize the width. When the sidebar is about a few pixels wide the plugin will crash.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251318"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Confirmed. I'll post a fixed version soon.

is there any chance of geting a panel version of VU meter (foo_vis_vu_meter) ?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251321"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, it's on my personal wishlist already.

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #27
Hello,

Is it possible to remove the grid?

Cheers

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #28
Updated panel version for ui_extension SDK 5.0.0, download link remains the same.

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #29
Edit: Nevermind, got it working.

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #30
I have put the dll in my components dir and everything and I went to enable vis processing. Its all checked and all that good stuff. But nothing is showing up.

Any idea's why its not showing up?

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #31
because you didn't start it by using Visualization -> Simple spectrum in the Components menu, maybe?
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #32
Well I copied my playlist formatting and all to a new foobar config file and now it all works fine. Before I didn't have that menu at all.

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #33
foosion, don't you think you ought to change
Code: [Select]
wc.hbrBackground = 0;
to
Code: [Select]
wc.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)(COLOR_BTNFACE+1);
?
I was looking through your code because I wanted to learn how to use your UIE helper and noticed that. I actually had some random occurences (by random, I mean I didn't bother figuring out what was the case) when the panel window was (pseudo) transperant.
By the way, thanks for your UIE helper. It really helps write a much more managable UIE panel.

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #34
foosion, don't you think you ought to change[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260414"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I think I ought to change quite a lot in this component occasionally, but thanks for the hint.

Glad that you like the UIE helper.

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #35
how show(enable) foo_uie_simple_spectrum.dll in foo_ui_columns ? :-/
WBR,  Vitaliy I. Bogdanets
Foobar2000 - The way it's meant to be played

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #36
how show(enable) foo_uie_simple_spectrum.dll in foo_ui_columns ? :-/[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260505"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Do you have the latest version of foo_ui_columns? If so, rightclick on the toolbar or on a header in the sidebar and choose "Visualizations/Simple spectrum".

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #37
how show(enable) foo_uie_simple_spectrum.dll in foo_ui_columns ? :-/[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260505"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Do you have the latest version of foo_ui_columns? If so, rightclick on the toolbar or on a header in the sidebar and choose "Visualizations/Simple spectrum".
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260520"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hmmm...

if foo_ui_columns 1.2.b3+foo_uie_simple_spectrum 1.5 work good, why in 1.6 version it not work ?    :-/

PS: this menu "Visualizations/Simple spectrum" is just gone    :-/

2foosion: you don't know, when appear foo_uie_bacon(or g-force), foo_uie_equalizer , foo_uie_id3tag_changer ? 

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #38
if foo_ui_columns 1.2.b3+foo_uie_simple_spectrum 1.5 work good, why in 1.6 version it not work ?    :-/
The UI extension API in foo_ui_columns changed from 0.1.2b3 to 0.1.2b4, foo_uie_simple_spectrum 0.1.6 requires foo_ui_columns 0.1.2b4 or newer.

2foosion: you don't know, when appear foo_uie_bacon(or g-force), foo_uie_equalizer , foo_uie_id3tag_changer ? 
How would I know that? As for a panel version of the Winamp vis wrapper, I think it has been said that it's impossible.

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #39
The UI extension API in foo_ui_columns changed from 0.1.2b3 to 0.1.2b4, foo_uie_simple_spectrum 0.1.6 requires foo_ui_columns 0.1.2b4 or newer.

it's not help
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=260883

How would I know that? As for a panel version of the Winamp vis wrapper, I think it has been said that it's impossible.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260664"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i's very bad    but somebody create something better 

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #40
is there any chance of geting a panel version of VU meter (foo_vis_vu_meter) ?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251321"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, it's on my personal wishlist already.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251446"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Any update on this matter?

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #41
Any update on this matter? [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272399"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No, it's rather low on my wishlist.

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #43
this is a really nice plugin, thanks much.

i have been interested for a long time in getting a simple spectrum with a log-scale y axis. this seems like it should be really simple, and it would have the beautiful consequence that the spectrum could be superimposed on a musical scale. in fact, one could ideally note use chromatic scale halfsteps as the tick marks.

thanks very much for your great work.

stephen

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #44
A logarithmic frequency scale is not very high on my to-do list currently. I think some older version had one, but it was removed when I restructured the code. Before you ask: no, it's not trivial to add it back right now.

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #45
A logarithmic frequency scale is not very high on my to-do list currently. I think some older version had one, but it was removed when I restructured the code. Before you ask: no, it's not trivial to add it back right now.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=308158"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ah, that's too bad. If you ever *do* add it back, or if the older version is lying about somewhere handy, I'd be much obliged. In the meantime, thanks much, anyway. It's a nice piece of software.

stephen

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #46
I have a problem with this plugin : I was fighting for a long time against some low level noises in my speakers, when foobar's playing. Like a kind of 2-3 seconds wobulation from low to high to low frequencies, appearing ramdomly in time. I recorded a sound played by foobar with cooledit and spectrumed it. I saw the sound I was actually playing, and a parasite noise represented by many diagonal lines. Foobar was the only player to generate such noises, so I decided to deactivate each component one by one. It's a fact that when i close the 'simple spectrum panel', the noise disappears (foo_uie_simple_spectrum-0.1.6). Does anyone have ever noticed that???  is it posible that a vis. plugin affects the sound of foobar?
Anyway, I'm happy to have find the solution, but also disappointed cause i like this nice spectrum... 
Emu 1212m, PIV 2Ghz, ATI9550, WinXp, Debian Etch

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #47
Hate to resurrect old threads, but I was playing with foo_uie_simple_spectrum and I was wondering how trivial (or not) it would be, when running it with all channels (2 in my case) to have them back to back (i.e. flip the bottom display top to bottom)

thoughts?

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #48
i seem to have a problem with simple spectrum... problem is it isn't showing up 

foo_vis_simple_spectrum

Reply #49
i need foo_vis_manager

please help !