Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sent PM do not appear under "Sent items" (Read 7200 times) previous topic - next topic

Sent PM do not appear under "Sent items"

I sent a message into a thread, it disappeared. No recycle bin.
I sent a message to someone, it was about fb2k criticism, because currently I think it's worth to criticize fb2k... It's not on the "sent items". I think moderation has an eye on me.

-> Will PM be proofread by moderators?

Also, why this:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

You cannot send another PM until May 14 2009, 08:40

Reply #1
Ad PM: no, PMs are not read by the staff (it would involve directly accessing the database). You forgot to tick "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" when you composed the PM.

Ad your post: It was removed by moderation to non-public trash can.

Ad that error message: Perhaps you were sending out PMs very fast and flood control set in? There is no reason you shouldn't be able to send PMs as far as I can see.

Reply #2
OK I realized my PMs got sent (received an answer) - my mistake.
My post (I recommended stopping of developing fb2k 3rd party components): Consider deleting to a public trash can, because everything else is not worth for a democratic society.

Reply #4
In a democracy you vote out the leaders who you disagree with. In HA if you disagree with the admins and mods then you are free to leave and start your own forum, i.e. vote with your feet.

Reply #5
Hydrogenaudio is not a democratic society, nor are quite a lot of entities that exist in democratic societies.
Yup. This is the main reason why www boards suck and usenet rocks. GFY, www kiddie boards.

Reply #6
The only usable portions of Usenet are the moderated strictly topical groups.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #7
> I sent a message to someone, it was about fb2k criticism, because currently
> I think it's worth to criticize fb2k... It's not on the "sent items".
> You cannot send another PM until May 14 2009, 08:40

Same problem here.

> Perhaps you were sending out PMs very fast and flood control set in?
> There is no reason you shouldn't be able to send PMs as far as I can see.

"very fast" means just 2 PM's to same person in one day ...

> You forgot to tick "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" when you composed the PM.

As I finally found out, but this option should be of course ON by default ;-)

> I think moderation has an eye on me.

Same problem here.

> I sent a message into a thread, it disappeared. No recycle bin.

Same problem here.

> Ad your post: It was removed by moderation to non-public trash can.

What are the criteria whether to move some evil post into public or non-public trash can ?

> Consider deleting to a public trash can, because everything else is not worth

Agree.

One more point: wouldn't it be appropriate to auto-notify the offender if some post gets edited or moved or deleted ?

/\/\/\/\/\/\

Reply #8
Hydrogenaudio is not a democratic society, nor are quite a lot of entities that exist in democratic societies.
Yup. This is the main reason why www boards suck and usenet rocks. GFY, www kiddie boards.

Yeah, unmoderated usenet audio boards, that's worked out so well.

Don't slam the door on your way out, rockhead.

Reply #9
There is a 5 min flood control exclusion period for normal users on PMs. If you get restricted apart from that I would like to know.
"Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" checked by default now. Remember to not blame me when your PM limit fills twice as fast.