Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DBPoweramp: One skip on every song (Read 2691 times) previous topic - next topic

DBPoweramp: One skip on every song

After burning an audio CD of WAV/MP3 files with dbPoweramp, I always get one skip around the same place on every song on the disc.  The skip (loss of data it seems) happens usually only once about 30 seconds into each track.

I've tried numerous disks, burning at a slower speed, etc. and nothing fixes it.

Using Vista, a Samsung SH-S203 burner.

Here's my exact step-by-step:

1.  Use FLAC FrontEnd set at 0 to convert all FLAC files to WAV (I'm thinking it's lossy here?)
2.  Use dbPoweramp (trial version) to convert all WAV & MP3 files (which are intended to be intermixed on one CD) to cda (I think).
3.  Burn to CD (80 min) using the dbPoweramp cd creator set at 16x (also tried 52x).

Any help would be appreciated.

Is it likely the discs I'm using or is it my burner?

DBPoweramp: One skip on every song

Reply #1
You are adding extra unnecessary steps.  You don't need to convert your FLAC files to WAV files (that process is lossless) and you don't need to convert your WAV files to mp3 files either.  Just burn an audio CD from your FLAC files as dBpowerAMP's CD burning application should be able to do that.  If not, try using foobar2000.  I am guessing that the gaps are being introduced by your converting procedure or from dBpowerAMP's CD burning program.  I myself haven't had any experience with it as I burn all of my CDs and DVDs with Nero.

The discs shouldn't matter and the problem should not be with your burner as long as it is good physical shape.