Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any other software to make CDImage ? (Read 2372 times) previous topic - next topic

Any other software to make CDImage ?

hi everyone,

I admire EAC feature allowing one to make a CDImage.wav + compress to
CDImage.ape or whatever else, - however it seems to me that EAC is only capable to do so for tracks to be ripped-off the actual CD inserted into one's drive.

I would have liked to make a disk-size compilation of files already available on my HD, - and to make the similar image, - but afraid EAC only allows you to choose
files from HD when you are in it's 'Write CD' module and in this module no 'create image and cue sheet' seems to be available.. .

is anyone aware of another piece of software which can make CDImage.wav
(from "independent" tracks on yr disk) + thereafter compress to *.ape ?

(f.e. NERO can make an image, but same is *.nrg and I'm afraid this cannot
be compressed to *.ape)

anticipated thanks

oldy99

<oldy99@hot.ee>

Any other software to make CDImage ?

Reply #1
Sounds like a job for SHNTools, which can take many files and weld them together as one. I just DL'd it yesterday, so I don't know the in/outs of it yet. It's a command line program (no GUI or frontend). EAC does not appear able to generate a cue sheet from the wav, though.

One option would be to create an audio CD with your tracks, then rip it back off as one file with EAC, but then you would have generational losses if using lossy formats (no problem if not).

xen-uno
No one can be told what Ogg Vorbis is...you have to hear it for yourself
- Morpheus