Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Connecting Computer To Older Sony Radio For Sound - Quality Worth It? (Read 1225 times) previous topic - next topic

Connecting Computer To Older Sony Radio For Sound - Quality Worth It?

Hey Folks well I had a question - I'm going to be staying in an RV for the summer, normally in my apartment I connect my computer to my receiver for sound. I of course won't have the space for this in the RV, so I wondered: I have one of those older Sony radios from the 90s - everybody knows them - it has a cd player at the top, a cassette player at bottom, and a turn-dial radio tuner and those little square speakers.
Anyway, I wondered about connecting my laptop to this radio for sound in the RV - would the radio be able to reproduce the laptop's sound well enough to make it worth the trouble or would the sound come out muddled? I figure it's at least an improvement over using little computer speakers. It has a 3.5mm line in jack that I could use for the connection.

Anyway thoughts appreciated  :P

Re: Connecting Computer To Older Sony Radio For Sound - Quality Worth It?

Reply #1
If it has a 3.5mm line-in jack, give it a go!

The worst that can happen is that it'll sound like shit, and you'll find some other solution.

Re: Connecting Computer To Older Sony Radio For Sound - Quality Worth It?

Reply #2
If my memory serves me well , you might need to put the cassette player in record mode, to recognize the input jack..