Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_musicbrainz (Read 278328 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #25
I did know of muscibrainz before, but didn't use it and not that I am using it I must say, it's extremely useful. Thanks a lot.
I've got one request, though. It would be nice if I was able to have the musicbrainz album status and album type saved in a custom (ie user definable) field (I'm using release type for this purpose).

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #26
Regarding the date thing, I would rather have the option of tagging as year only. There is an inconsistency across the musicbrainz database where some albums have year only and others have year-month-day. This leads to a lot of problems in mobile music players.

My thought on the matter is that the onus should be on the player, not the tagger. Since the date format lists the year first, it seems trivial for the player to read only the first four characters of the tag. iTunes actually does this (I tag/convert in Picard/Foobar then use iTunes to load my iPod.)

Edit: It's actually not an "inconsistency". In MusicBrainz, the year section is required, with the month and day optional.

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #27
i like musicbrainz way of tagging mainly because of it consistency in metadata formatting (style)
then i use my way of dealing with %album artist% tag which isn't mapped in this component (according it's display dialog) but nonetheless it's wiped out when i use this tagger
can this be changed?

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #28
I like this plugin. It would be great if I could mark several albums and the plugin would find the information for each and update that info for every one. My library is rather extensive and it would take ages to do this for every album individually.

The discogs plugin can do something like that iirc.

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #29
I like this plugin. It would be great if I could mark several albums and the plugin would find the information for each and update that info for every one. My library is rather extensive and it would take ages to do this for every album individually.

OH YES!!!

The discogs plugin can do something like that iirc.

Umm.... I don't think so - If it does, please tell me how to. Even finding the correct album with foo_discogs is quite trivial
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #30
You are right. Discogs can't do that. Only ReplayGain knows to identify albums by tags and then analyses them separately

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #31
I like this plugin. Would be nice if it would also show up at the Rip-Audio-CD dialog under 'Information lookup' 
(I also don´t find it under Prefs/Tools/Tagging...)

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #32
(I also don´t find it under Prefs/Tools/Tagging...)

I was annoyed a bit by this too... It really do belong in the Tagging group. Can you please fix that?

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #33
it would be nice if we could choose the default values for date. aka not to put full release date, but only the year

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #34
All you people bitching about the full date, why don't you just create a masstagger script to cut anything but the first 4 digits? Then anyone who is unhappy about foobar2000 default date format can be satisfied...

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #35
Or why not keep the additional data and just display only the first four digits? I really don't see the problem here and I like having the full release date.

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #36
Musicbrainz's Picard has some scripting abilities, for instance to remove " (disc 2)" and set discnumber to "2". I suggest something like this, or alternatively, if possible, a way of automatically calling Masstagger scripts.

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #37
it would be nice if we could choose the default values for date. aka not to put full release date, but only the year

you can delete what you don´t want before writing tags. I really don´t see a problem here...

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #38
Thank you. The component works very nicely. I have one proposal: Add the option to add the information for a given Album-ID. What I did is, that I searched for that album on the musicbrainz-website and created a tag "MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID" by hand and then performed again the action "Get Tags from ....". That worked fine. But it took some time...

edit:
May be even do the following. If I want to tag "by Tag" and no matches were found display a list of all releases of the artist (if the artist-tag is present). This way the user could select the fitting release.

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #39
Thanks everybody for your feedback. I've implemented some of your suggestions, enjoy version 0.2!

P.S. As topic title is not editable, can a moderator remove version number from it?

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #40
Thanks a lot for the update, Dremora. The new version works flawlessly and behaves just the way I wished for.

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #41
Thanks for this component and for the new version, it's working pretty good.

I just found a little bug in the context menu labels, it's really not important but well... Still worth fixing for the next release (see here).

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #42
Thanks for the update but I have one issue. For albums with multiple CDs Picard had the option to add (Disc 1) etc to the end of the album title but the only option with this component is disc number. Can you please add the other option as well. Picard uses the format
%album%[ '('Disc %discnumber%')'][, %discsubtitle%]
i.e.
The Greatest Album (Disc 1), Live Songs

Great Work!

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #43
Thanks for the update Dremora! I like the features in the preference page.

Is it possible to add a musicbrainz search also when opening/ripping a CD for the next version?

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #44
Hint: [font= "Courier New"]info_lookup_handler[/font]
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #47
can u make a mirror? this server keeps disconnecting

foo_musicbrainz

Reply #48
Hey can someone with 0.2 reupload it? Thanks.