Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1370817 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #3100
I miss also sometimes not being as tied to Discogs specifics and making it easier to pack a minimal set of ID3 tags into my MP3 files. The latest changes surely help perform the specific task, but I can´t say how well they will fit into a well established way of working...

As you mentioned, I start working on new set of tags... give it a try if your're keen on trying something different  :)
Cheers!

The latest release is now available:
- Added a new dropdown menu (ID3 v2.3 tag mapping)
- Two new ID3 default sets

Full change log and release:
foo_discogger v1.0.16.3

The drop-down menu with standard v2.3 tags is a great addition. It is not easy when you're starting to tag music to figure it out with one is the "correct" (a lot of users and programs use different ones). v2.4 in the future will be cool, not so well-supported yet in some pieces of software, but a lot of people use it (and for a lot of people I mean to me  :P  )

Also open the component to new users that only cares about tagging and not discogs internals, and have no impact in old users habits. I see no problem with it.

Reply #3101
Since a new version (can't remember which), I've always get three error messages when "Preview tags" window appears:

and one error message when pressing "Write tags":

my settings:

Reply #3102
Every version after v1.0.12.2 is broken for me, with the error message "Failed to load DLL: foo_discogger.dll".
Are the later versions not compatible with Windows 7?

I am looking at this. I might have broken something in the project configuration... it was not intentional; I will try to restore Windows 7 compatibility as soon as possible,

Thanks for reporting!

Since a new version (can't remember which), I've always get three error messages when "Preview tags" window appears:

Is OAuth working? Have you tried using a fresh portable installation to see if it makes a difference?

Reply #3103
v2.4 in the future will be cool, not so well-supported yet in some pieces of software, but a lot of people use it (and for a lot of people I mean to me  :P  )

Also open the component to new users that only cares about tagging and not discogs internals, and have no impact in old users habits. I see no problem with it.
---

I agree and hope the new feature will integrate well after some UI adjustments.

I need to test v2.4 using this new tag map. There should be no problem using the ID3 drop-down indistinctly for both ID3v2.3 and ID3V2.4, the tags will be written appropriately according to this table.

The button labels are a bit misleading... they should be changed to ID3v2 maybe.

Thanks for the feedback, also sharing advances, if you successfully map some DISCOGS fields to their ID3 equivalent, will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

(there is a bug in first item in the ID3 drop-down, fix should be included in next release)

Reply #3104
I agree and hope the new feature will integrate well after some UI adjustments.

I need to test v2.4 using this new tag map. There should be no problem using the ID3 drop-down indistinctly for both ID3v2.3 and ID3V2.4, the tags will be written appropriately according to this table.

The button labels are a bit misleading... they should be changed to ID3v2 maybe.

Thanks for the feedback, also sharing advances, if you successfully map some DISCOGS fields to their ID3 equivalent, will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

(there is a bug in first item in the ID3 drop-down, fix should be included in next release)

If foobar makes the translation internally, there will be no problem in named it ID3v2 I supposed
I have no problem to make a table of equivalents but the id3.org is down for me id3v2.4.0-frames - ID3.org.  I found this FramesId3v24 Could this work?

Reply #3105
Every version after v1.0.12.2 is broken for me, with the error message "Failed to load DLL: foo_discogger.dll".
Are the later versions not compatible with Windows 7?

Windows 7 fix... foo_discogger v1.0.16.4

I found this FramesId3v24 Could this work?

Maybe... I'll have a look.

Reply #3106

If OAuth is working, it could be that some links were updated at Discogs? If so, the component might be using invalid/unsynced URLs from the cache. You could try clearing or disabling the cache. Also the latest release includes a right-click option to invalidate/delete single releases from the disk cache.

Change log and release:

foo_discogger v1.0.16.5

Reply #3107
Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to get the original album release date mape to the 'Date' tag instead of getting a particular release/pressing date? eg. If I'm tagging The Beatles' Revolver I would like to get 1966 not 2009 for that years' remaster. I've searched for a field to map but found nothing.

TIA

Reply #3112
...foobar2000 v2.0 beta 26 x64
Discogs Tagger: Supported processor architecture: x86 32-bit.
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #3113
@ JohnBuckWLD

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,50523.msg1015560.html#msg1015560
> Some bug fixes related to multiple artist releases
> 32/64 bits and dark mode (excl. artwork panel)

https://github.com/ghDaYuYu/foo_discogs/releases
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY ULT WEAR (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #3114
foobar2000 crashes when trying to write release https://www.discogs.com/release/4017092-Kylie-The-Abbey-Road-Sessions

- foobar2000 v2.0 beta 26 x64
- foo_discogger 1.0.16.5

Sorry, no crash for that release here. Before testing the release in your post, I reset tag mapping to the DISCOGS default set (and all tags to write an update).
There are also two new ID3 sets, which have only been lightly tested.
Would you post the crash reports here? They may provide some hints to solve the problem.

Both versions can also be run on the same fb2k installation. The official foo_discogs is still only available in 32bits; its fork foo_discogger has been running in 64bits installations since September. Only a few people know about the latter, slow development, and few people are reporting some crashes here from time to time.

@Air Ken Thanks for providing the link to the repo!
Latetly I am also updating the latest version numbers and release dates at the wiki, the links to the repository and downloads are there too.

Reply #3115
foobar2000 crashes when trying to write release https://www.discogs.com/release/4017092-Kylie-The-Abbey-Road-Sessions

- foobar2000 v2.0 beta 26 x64
- foo_discogger 1.0.16.5

Sorry, no crash for that release here. Before testing the release in your post, I reset tag mapping to the DISCOGS default set (and all tags to write an update).
There are also two new ID3 sets, which have only been lightly tested.
Would you post the crash reports here? They may provide some hints to solve the problem.

Both versions can also be run on the same fb2k installation. The official foo_discogs is still only available in 32bits; its fork foo_discogger has been running in 64bits installations since September. Only a few people know about the latter, slow development, and few people are reporting some crashes here from time to time.

@Air Ken Thanks for providing the link to the repo!
Latetly I am also updating the latest version numbers and release dates at the wiki, the links to the repository and downloads are there too.

Thanks da yuyu. Crash report attached. I will reset tag mapping to default, test and report back soon.

Reply #3116
@tuBbz,
Sorry, I just remembered that I updated my system after releasing v1.0.16.5.
Would you mind reposting the crash report after installing the latest version below?

foo_discogger v1.0.16.6

Change log:

- 'Multi-value field list' checks are now case insensitive (COMPOSER = Composer).
- Multi-values forced to single values not properly saved (multiple semicolons).

Reply #3117
@tuBbz,
Sorry, I just remembered that I updated my system after releasing v1.0.16.5.
Would you mind reposting the crash report after installing the latest version below?

foo_discogger v1.0.16.6

Change log:

- 'Multi-value field list' checks are now case insensitive (COMPOSER = Composer).
- Multi-values forced to single values not properly saved (multiple semicolons).

Updated foo_discogger to 1.0.16.6.. see crash report attached.

Reply #3118
@tuBbz, Still unable to open the crash report, I´ve sent you a PM

Reply #3119

New release available:

foo_discogger v1.0.16.7

Change log:

Remove scan codes from RELEASE_NOTES.
Fix disc cache bug introduced in last release.

Reply #3121
Hi,
Sorry, maybe stupid question answered 1000 times...Is this plugin runs on new 2.0b26 x 64 or only 32bit as original plugin?
EDIT: Ok...I see - It works, but it is different than old "discogs" plugin. I need to double click specific artist on left panel with artist list, then it loads release match... Could be the same as in discogs? It is confusing at the beginning.

Reply #3122
Thanks for testing @GGromadzki; it´s a simple component with only a few options.
I am too lazy to look for that option´s exact name and location, it is there somewhere in the preferences panel.
Please report back if it doesn´t work as you expect.

Latest fixes and release:

Change log:

- Fix crash in context menu when the release tree is empty.
- Additional bitmap error handling/console log messages.

foo_discogger v1.0.17

Reply #3123
Thanks for answer. I think that it should be the first option in preferences "Auto-search artist..." but it works as I described - after double-click on artist on left panel it gets artist discogs link and find a release. Not sure if intended. I am somehow used to old version, but it is matter of time.
Thanks for update.

Reply #3124
Hi @da yuyu

I have a corner case, maybe you could help me.

In a release with multi value %ARTISTS_ID% how can I download the artist art in different folders?

I try to explain:

If %ARTISTS_ID% is 65694; 79600, I want to have:

.../65694/65694_01, etc
.../79600/79600_01, etc

But I can figure it out how to do it.

In the directory configuration of Artwork %ARTISTS_ID% (or any other multi value) are not behaving the same as in file prefix.

In there, if I used %ARTISTS_ID% I got

.../65694_01, etc
.../79600_01, etc

But in directory I get

.../65694, 79600/65694_01, etc
.../65694, 79600/79600_01, etc

Is there any way to do what I want?