Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4238277 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7900
Any chance for the following improvements? Image attached. Thanks in advance.

1. CUI Playlist view: Ability to set the whitespace amount on the left. This whitespace is always present, not user configurable and is drawn before the cover image and all the playlist columns. Would like to set it to 0.

2. CUI Playlist view Groupings: Ability to set the indentation amount when multiple groupings are present. Currently each additional grouping is moved further and further towards the right. Would like to set it to 0 (don't indent).

3. CUI Filter search UI element: Ability to set the border (currently 1 px grey) to None so it's not visible.
Okay I can consider 2 and 3. Does 2 not solve 1 as well?

I take this opportunity to ask music music once again that if a grouping is not fulfilled, it does nothing, while currently it leaves a blank line.
I'm aware of your request. Any new features will be going into 2.1.0 now.

I take this opportunity to ask music music that the grouping that makes a line of separation between albums would not be necessary if he included it in the configuration of the columns ui.
I'm not sure if this is the same or a separate request. There is no forced sorting of playlists by album so such an option does not make sense.

This causes the creation of multiple subfolders: (image)

Is there any way to fix this problem?
When you export, select 'This foobar2000 installation' and it won't embed external files (and instead reference the existing paths).

Reply #7901
Okay I can consider 2 and 3. Does 2 not solve 1 as well?
You are right, 2 would most likely fix 1 as well. You can disregard 1.

Thanks for your hard work on CUI in general, it is very much appreciated by me and many others even if it's not always said  :)

Reply #7902
I take this opportunity to ask music music that the grouping that makes a line of separation between albums would not be necessary if he included it in the configuration of the columns ui.
I'm not sure if this is the same or a separate request. There is no forced sorting of playlists by album so such an option does not make sense.

----------------------------------------

Thank you for your help.

I will try to explain better my request.

I think it would be a great improvement if columns ui included in the configuration (image1) the possibility to choose to make a separation line between albums (image2).

I have managed to do this by creating this grouping:

Code: [Select]
//4. Linea entre Albumes
$puts(color,$rgb(15,15,15))
$get(color)

$if($strcmp($cut(%album artist%,4),'V.A.')
,%album%%date%
,%album%%date%%artist%
)
$tab()

If this was done from the configuration it would avoid me the indentation and also would help people who do not control programming.

Reply #7903
I'm currently using TagBox (as are many others) for editing tags in v1 and I'm looking for an alternative that works with v2, and with ColumnsUI I can have an Item Properties panel as part of the core layout so I'm investigating that aspect at the moment.

I've had a look at the various configuration options, and it may be that I'm missed something but is it possible to:
  • Once I'm on the properties panel go into edit mode (without using the mouse)? TagBox always selects/highlights the text of the selected tag (rather than the entire row like ColumnsUI) so you only ever need to just start typing.
  • Move to the next item in the playlist so that I can edit the titles of tracks in an album. TagBox uses tab to move between tags and up/down to move between tracks in the playlist.
  • Only commit all tag changes on Enter instead of every time you leave a field? TagBox has a button to Apply Changes, so if I'm making album level changes that could include modifying up to 16 tags it only writes to each file once.

I appreciate that this may not be the focus of ColumnsUI, just looking for a new home :-)

Reply #7904
  • Once I'm on the properties panel go into edit mode (without using the mouse)? TagBox always selects/highlights the text of the selected tag (rather than the entire row like ColumnsUI) so you only ever need to just start typing.
You can press F2 to start editing the current row.

• Move to the next item in the playlist so that I can edit the titles of tracks in an album. TagBox uses tab to move between tags and up/down to move between tracks in the playlist.
No, it does not have that feature. Item properties is not tied to the playlist specifically, rather what foobar2000 reports as the current selection from the currently focused part of the UI. When the Item properties is focused, there isn't really a current selection in the normal sense – if 'Tracking mode' is set to 'Current selection', you are in fact seeing the selection as it was before you focused the panel.

• Only commit all tag changes on Enter instead of every time you leave a field? TagBox has a button to Apply Changes, so if I'm making album level changes that could include modifying up to 16 tags it only writes to each file once.
Again, it doesn't have such a mode, I'm afraid. Editing metadata is really a secondary feature in Item properties (the primary feature being for viewing information).

Reply #7905
You can press F2 to start editing the current row.
I didn't think of the F2 key, I'd tried Insert and everything else I could think of!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The search continues :-)