Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: World-Map-SMP (Read 15094 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: World-Map-SMP

Reply #50
Need more info, like the configuration you are using.

EDIT: In particular country highlighting option. Shapes option is not for every system...

EDIT2: Anyway, fixed it. There was an infinite painting loop of country shapes XD Sorry.
Shapes should not be used on resource constrained systems, but that was not the problem anyway.
Replace the file. (will update it on github today too)

Reply #51
Back to normal now.

Thanks

Reply #52
Hi @regor

Are there any options to make the "informative pop-up"  between Prefer nowplaying and Follow selected track (playlist) only show up the first time.

Is a bit annoying close it every time I change the display mode in Bio

Reply #53
Hi @regor

Are there any options to make the "informative pop-up"  between Prefer nowplaying and Follow selected track (playlist) only show up the first time.

Is a bit annoying close it every time I change the display mode in Bio
Nope, but makes sense. Will add an option to hide such messages.

Reply #54
Added, look for it in some hours on github. There is a setting to disable it, both popups, the informative one when changing it on BIO and the input popup when doing it on World Map.

(you will probably need to update all my scripts to the latest on github, and since Wine always give so much problems with SMP... better you make backups!)

Reply #55
Added, look for it in some hours on github. There is a setting to disable it, both popups, the informative one when changing it on BIO and the input popup when doing it on World Map.

(you will probably need to update all my scripts to the latest on github, and since Wine always give so much problems with SMP... better you make backups!)

I update them often. You code a lot  :P . Happily, I have not had new problems (fingers crossed)

Thanks.

Reply #56

I update them often. You code a lot  :P . Happily, I have not had new problems (fingers crossed)

Thanks.
Great :) Will have it in mind, to not upload partial updates then!

Reply #59
New release:
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v2.5.0

Fixes all instances of weird chars on Wine. Fonts are now configurable globally.

Reply #60
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v2.6.0

## [2.6.0] - 2023-03-04
### Added
### Changed
- UI: disabling the panel now shows the world map background (instead of just the filling color).
- Internal code cleanup of menus.
### Removed
### Fixed
- Console: logging of null value not working properly (totally irrelevant except for debug purposes).

Reply #61
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v2.8.0

v2.8.0 - Package installation
## [2.8.0] - 2023-05-08
### Added
- UI: new option to set the frequency at which the panel is refreshed after tracks change. Now set to 1000 ms by default. This avoids refreshing the panel when selection changes faster than such value (for ex. while scrolling the library), only updating the panel once afterwards.
- Package: new installation method as package.
### Changed
- Console: multiple improvements when logging to file for FbMetadbHandle, FbMetadbHandleList, Error and unknown instances (totally irrelevant except for debug purposes).
- Console: menu entries are no longer logged to console after clicking.
- Helpers: updated helpers.
### Removed
### Fixed

Script should be installed as package, using the package manager at the Spider Monkey Panel Configuration window. Old method is still supported anyway.

Reply #62
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v2.8.2

[2.8.2] - 2023-06-27
Added
Changed

Tags: improved country names display in some cases (with shorter names).
    Data: updated default database.
    Helpers: updated helpers.

Removed
Fixed

Tags: fix alternate country names in some cases.
    Biography Integration: fix locale tag not updating properly in some cases since 2.8.1.
    UI: script version number.

[2.8.1] - 2023-05-16
Added
Changed

Biography Integration: optimized processing when Bio Panel notifies tags multiple times, updating just the first time per track.

Removed
Fixed

Reply #64
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v2.9.0
[2.9.0] - 2023-07-28
Added
Changed

Configuration: database now uses album artist by default instead of artist (file translation is done automatically).
    UI: improvements to panel updating when changing selection or updating tags, ensuring panel does not update unnecessarily.
    UI: locale values are cache during the session, to be reused in case tags, Bio or JSON don't have a match.

Removed
Fixed

Fix for non standard hyphen chars on path names.

Reply #65
v3.0.0 - Statistics mode
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0

[3.0.0] - 2023-09-13
Added

Statistics: added statistics mode which can display multiple stats according to the library and database in charts. See Statistics-Framework-SMP.

Changed

Helpers: updated helpers

Removed
Fixed

Name replacers not being used at some stages of the code (it probably did not affect anything though).

Reply #66
I have this error:

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-mod (World Map: World Map v3.0.0 by XXX)
getCountryISO is not defined

File: world_map.js
Line: 274, Column: 19
Stack trace:
  @world_map.js:274:19
  @world_map.js:271:24
  fireEvents/</<@callbacks_xxx.js:149:37
  fireEvents/<@callbacks_xxx.js:145:30
Everything was ok until now (this error appears since the last update, it seems). I noticed that it happens when I select a track that has the LOCALE LAST.FM tag. If the file doesn't have the LOCALE LAST.FM tag, the error doesn't appear :)

Reply #67
I have this error:

Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1-mod (World Map: World Map v3.0.0 by XXX)
getCountryISO is not defined

File: world_map.js
Line: 274, Column: 19
Stack trace:
  @world_map.js:274:19
  @world_map.js:271:24
  fireEvents/</<@callbacks_xxx.js:149:37
  fireEvents/<@callbacks_xxx.js:145:30
Everything was ok until now (this error appears since the last update, it seems). I noticed that it happens when I select a track that has the LOCALE LAST.FM tag. If the file doesn't have the LOCALE LAST.FM tag, the error doesn't appear :)

Your error is technically impossible. Since it says a function doesn't exist, but it exists xd

Is it installed as package or as script file?
Then, in both cases, check where the script/package is, and look for ".\main\world_map\world_map_tables.js". At line 54 there should be:
Code: [Select]
function getCountryISO(country) {

Reply #68
It's installed as a script file. I'll come back in 10-12 hours when I'll have access to my laptop and I'll let you know how things are working also with the playlist manager

Reply #69
Eventually everything is ok. I installed it again as package and then as script file, 3 or 4 times and then that error has disappeared :)
I don't know if it's still useful but I'll answer your question, anyway. In world_map_tables.js I had this:

Reply #70
Eventually everything is ok. I installed it again as package and then as script file, 3 or 4 times and then that error has disappeared :)
I don't know if it's still useful but I'll answer your question, anyway. In world_map_tables.js I had this:
Somehow you had an old file version, as I expected. The reinstall fixed it.

Reply #71
https://github.com/regorxxx/World-Map-SMP/releases/tag/v3.1.0
[3.1.0] - 2023-09-25
Added
Changed

UI: tooltip now shows region and continent for the selected country.

Removed
Fixed

Reply #72
Hi almighty Regor!

May I ask for some kind of management of multiple values (1st) and layers (2nd), please?
I tag %origin-artist% and %origin-composer%, which includes some historical values such as "Constantinople; Byzantine Empire" or "Kingdom of Bohemia", and also %iso3166-composer% with the 3-letter code for the present day country that's in place. I'd be happy with a toggle for artists/composers. Or maybe I'd just try two panels within tabs?

BTW, I can't seem to properly config your script to read my tags. I'm trying different editions in your javascript. Can you point me to the right line, please? (3rd request!)

Regards!
M.

Reply #73
While I'm still trying to properly set up your map, I'm already wishing a timeline script. Maybe an elastic one, which would show greater detail for shorter scales, maybe always showing the five or so composers most represented (by tracks) in each library for the shown period of time - thus you would have a time-navigation thingy along with this space-navigation means

Reply #74
May I ask for some kind of management of multiple values (1st) and layers (2nd), please?
I tag %origin-artist% and %origin-composer%, which includes some historical values such as "Constantinople; Byzantine Empire" or "Kingdom of Bohemia", and also %iso3166-composer% with the 3-letter code for the present day country that's in place. I'd be happy with a toggle for artists/composers. Or maybe I'd just try two panels within tabs?
That can be solved with multiple panels, each one pointing to different tags. See below. Adding layers would be unnecessarily complex.

Hi almighty Regor!
TW, I can't seem to properly config your script to read my tags. I'm trying different editions in your javascript. Can you point me to the right line, please? (3rd request!)

Regards!
M.
Historical values are not supported, since they don't have a coordinate associated on the world map. Unless they happen to match the current country name (your ISO code).

X

Open the properties panel and change the first tag to:
$meta(locale last.fm,$sub($meta_num(locale last.fm),1))
->
%iso3166-composer%

The second one is for writing, which you may leave as is, since you don't want your manually added tags to be overwritten.

As an example, I have copied a bob marley track and added the default locale tag with a ISO code for Spain. You can see that's used on the map fine. If you put there Spain, it would work the same. Both ISO codes and country names are supported.

X

Note current version will display the ISO code on the header (instead of the associated country name like my image), it will be changed on next version. Didn't noticed it since I didn't use ISO codes directly before.

Will also add a direct menu entry to edit the tags for reading/writing.

While I'm still trying to properly set up your map, I'm already wishing a timeline script. Maybe an elastic one, which would show greater detail for shorter scales, maybe always showing the five or so composers most represented (by tracks) in each library for the shown period of time - thus you would have a time-navigation thingy along with this space-navigation means
That sounds interesting, for sure.