Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Tools-SMP (Read 60208 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Tools-SMP

Reply #275
It been around for a while but I supposed that there will be a wine specific and didn't report it before. I did now because starting fresh the first time I open the menu is clean. The second time the readme have squares but not the add button and before adding a button the add buttons have squares too. Then I start to pay attention and the squares also appeared in others menus and I decided to comment it.
Essentially I use invisible chars after the visible text. They being visible may be due to your font (try changing it).

Then... maybe they don't appear the first time because some chars remain invisible. I could force it to only use those "compatible" chars on wine.

Try this on new panel, check console and report:
['\u200b','\u200c','\u200d','\u200e'],forEach(s => console.log(s));

In case they all work on console, I need to know exactly which font the menus are using.

Delete all panels. Close foobar. Delete js_data related. Open foobar. Add buttons bar. Add playlist tools. Add sbd custom. Modify some weights. Add search by distance predefined buttons.

Move playlist tools to 3. Move custom to 2.

The SBD custom sbd0 disappeared and it is replaced with a sbd1 in default state
Have added those 3 buttons, tweaked the customizable one and moved them multiple times without errors. Maybe you have not cleaned the properties of the panel before installing things? Try re-downloading the scripts again, I'm unable to reproduce it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then maybe save a gif (?)

PD: And this should fix the crash:

Reply #276
With the new buttons_search_by_distance.js the crash is gone.

About the sbd buttons.

I make this to trigger it.
In a new spider monkey panel.
Select the toolbar script
Adding a sbd custom buttom and rename it button0. It takes sbd0 in the tooltip header
Another sbd custom, named buttom1. It takes sbd1 in the tooltip
Now the predefined ones. they take sbd2 in the tooltip.
Changing position of predefined from 3 to 1, using the menu.
You must have predefined (sbd2), button0 (sbd0) and button1 (sbd1), but instead you get predefined (sbd0), button1 (sbd1) and a new sbd custom (sbd2) in default state
Moving the predefine ones to position 3 returns you to the original buttons, button0 (sbd0), button1 (sbd1) and predefined (sbd2)
Seems like the configuration is associated with a sbd id but the sbd id is given by the relative left to right position in the toolbar instead of the button itself?

About the menus:

In winecfg I have the default one (tahoma), in the foobar setting (Arial unicode MS) and in the panel I supposed that segoe UI because I didn't change anything in the spider monkey panel defaults setting.

Essentially I use invisible chars after the visible text. They being visible may be due to your font (try changing it).

Then... maybe they don't appear the first time because some chars remain invisible. I could force it to only use those "compatible" chars on wine.

Try this on new panel, check console and report:

Not sure how to do that...
Add this line to the toolbar script? In a new spider monkey panel, paste that as script?
Anyway, in every place I put that, it crashes  ;D .

Reply #277

Waiting for further instructions using this unicodes in foobar fields only u200e produces a square with Tahoma, Arial Unicode MS

With segoe ui all produces a strange symbol in the properties window but in the playlist didn't produce squares

Reply #278
I think the code I sent you had a comma instead of a '.', so it crashed. sorry. It was meant to be used on a blank panel, yep.

I will send you by PM a little script with menus with those chars, maybe using only the first 3 will work. That doesn't imply rewriting a lot of code, and if it ensures better compatibility with Wine it's great.

I will test your new instructions, I think I got what your problem is now.

EDIT:
Adding a sbd custom buttom and rename it button0. It takes sbd0 in the tooltip header
You must have predefined (sbd2), button0 (sbd0) and button1 (sbd1), but instead you get predefined (sbd0), button1 (sbd1) and a new sbd custom (sbd2) in default state
Moving the predefine ones to position 3 returns you to the original buttons, button0 (sbd0), button1 (sbd1) and predefined (sbd2)
Seems like the configuration is associated with a sbd id but the sbd id is given by the relative left to right position in the toolbar instead of the button itself?
Uhm yes XD
But is there something wrong? I mean, the tooltip id is only for informative purpose so if you have to backup or edit the properties by hand, you know where to look for. But it is in no way a permanent id. If you add new buttons, it may change. That's fine and it's that way by design!

I thought there was something wrong! If the button itself, no matter the id, maintains its config, then it's working as it should be. A button may have a different id at different positions.

This is because the properties are associated by order of load, and buttons are obviously loaded by order... so the third buttons uses the "third slot". If you move it at other position, it uses other slot. It's only relevant for copies of the same button (that's the prefix part). If you think about it, it makes sense. It would be much more difficult to associate an unique id to every button, which is permanent, using the same button files as reference. Note the way I coded the buttons allow multiple copies by design. That's not trivial, and it would be unnecessarily complex with permanent ids.

There is a setting to hide the id, is just for users with advanced needs.

Reply #279
I think the code I sent you had a comma instead of a '.', so it crashed. sorry. It was meant to be used on a blank panel, yep.

I will send you by PM a little script with menus with those chars, maybe using only the first 3 will work. That doesn't imply rewriting a lot of code, and if it ensures better compatibility with Wine it's great.

I will test your new instructions, I think I got what your problem is now.

EDIT:
Uhm yes XD
But is there something wrong? I mean, the tooltip id is only for informative purpose so if you have to backup or edit the properties by hand, you know where to look for. But it is in no way a permanent id. If you add new buttons, it may change. That's fine and it's that way by design!

I thought there was something wrong! If the button itself, no matter the id, maintains its config, then it's working as it should be. A button may have a different id at different positions.

This is because the properties are associated by order of load, and buttons are obviously loaded by order... so the third buttons uses the "third slot". If you move it at other position, it uses other slot. It's only relevant for copies of the same button (that's the prefix part). If you think about it, it makes sense. It would be much more difficult to associate an unique id to every button, which is permanent, using the same button files as reference. Note the way I coded the buttons allow multiple copies by design. That's not trivial, and it would be unnecessarily complex with permanent ids.

There is a setting to hide the id, is just for users with advanced needs.

It is not only the tooltip name, the configuration not remains when the button change position.
In the example I give you,
Change the genre weight in buton0 to 5 and the genre weight of button1 to 1
Then change the position of the predefined from position 3 to position 1
The second button must have a genre weight of 5 but it gets 1
The third button must have a genre weight of 1 but it become a default one, without name and defaults values.
I lost the change of the first button until it will be in first position again.
If I have a predefined, a buton0 with weight 5 and a buton1 with weight 1 after reorder I didn't care about what is the internal id, but this is not the case right now.

Could be by design, but it is not what you expect when do a reorder of elements.

If the id will change with the position, the configuration will not be tied to the id. when you add a button it must have some unique value to associates with his configuration that didn't depend of his position.

Maybe saving the proprieties of the button in the configuration panel as <name you give to the button>. Internal data, etc instead of sbd0. Internal data, etc. and destroy them when the button is removed
And let the sdb0,1,etc to save the current position of a determined button.

In the intial positions
sdb0 will be button0
sbd1 button1
sbd2 predefined
Buton0.data and Button1.data values with his own configurations
Reordering will became in
sbd0 predefined
sbd1 button0
sbd2 button1
And load his respective configurations

This way the id that change with the position didn't determine the value that takes the button.

Reply #280
I'm doing exactly that and it works fine here (?)
Check this (click on it):

No matter how many times I do it, config is fine. So either your installation is broken or we are missing some other variable here.

If you want to try other possible combinations of buttons or just sending me your profile folder maybe I can find what's going on. Have no idea.

Can someone else reproduce that problem?

Reply #281
I get something very different
https://streamable.com/idq78f

What specific files you need, because the profile folder is almost 2 GB xD

The js_data files?

Reply #282

The js_data files?
That's different to what I was doing. You are using the menus, not drag n drop. That's why I ask for gifs, we usually miss important details.

EDIT: So drag n drop works 100% fine, it fails using menus. Have been able to reproduce it. Will fix it asap. Thanks :)

Reply #283
At xxx-scripts\buttons\helpers\

Works fine now on my side, confirm me if it works for u too and I will update github

Reply #284

The js_data files?
That's different to what I was doing. You are using the menus, not drag n drop. That's why I ask for gifs, we usually miss important details.

EDIT: So drag n drop works 100% fine, it fails using menus. Have been able to reproduce it. Will fix it asap. Thanks :)

Yeah, drag n drop preserves the name and configuration.
Next time I will do a video the first time xD.

Reply #286
Great. Btw do you know you can click on the button when it says customize and it will directly ask you to put a name? No need to use the menus for that (the first time).

Also... you can save your current config at any time using 'Create recipe with current config' at the recipe menu. So can easily share the same config on different buttons or installations. It's saved to a file. You can also selectively save some settings to a file and overwrite others with the buttons menu.

Reply #287
There you go, with 2 bug-fixes.
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.18

Reply #288
I change the , in the code you give me
Code: [Select]
['\u200b','\u200c','\u200d','\u200e'].forEach(s => console.log(s));
The console shows

Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.2-dev+7c0928bf ({62FDD2E4-58B3-495B-AB5D-F221C38904D2}): initialized in 2 ms

Reply #289
I change the , in the code you give me
['\u200b','\u200c','\u200d','\u200e'].forEach(s => console.log(s));
The console shows

Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.2-dev+7c0928bf ({62FDD2E4-58B3-495B-AB5D-F221C38904D2}): initialized in 2 ms
Yep, the menu font is different to the console one. Not going to play with it until I found which font it is.. will simply create a menu script and find it directly, tomorrow :)

Reply #290
Yep, the menu font is different to the console one. Not going to play with it until I found which font it is.. will simply create a menu script and find it directly, tomorrow :)

Today the battle was brutal and bloody.....

Tomorrow more heads will fall

XD

Reply #291
New release:
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.19

Fixes all instances of weird chars on Wine. Fonts are now configurable globally.
(also updated all other toolbar compatible scripts)

Reply #292
New release:
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.20

Adds support Last-List-SMP.
## [3.0.0-beta.20] - 2023-03-04
### Added
- Last.fm: support for [foo-last-list-smp](https://github.com/L3v3L/foo-last-list-smp). Requires package to imported within SMP Package manager (no need to be active on a panel). Then add a new button as usual from the 'Last.fm' subfolder. Allows to create playlists from Last.fm urls either matching results with library or YouTube links (requires foo_youtube). It's not an exact clone of the original script, so some features may differ. It does not require a Last.fm account or token.
### Changed
- UI: tweaked and unified buttons weight and margins, adjusted to scale set and DPI.
- UI: minor improvements to readme sub-folders names.
- UI: cursor now changes when over a button.
- UI: cursor now changes while performing buttons drag n' drop. It now clearly indicates when a move is allowed or it's outside the allowed range.
- UI: drag n' drop now only works when the mouse is over a button position. i.e. both the functionality and position rectangle are disabled if the mouse is not on a valid position. Previously moving the button to a blank part of the bar would have simply sent it to the first/last position for ex. This is disallowed now, which makes drag n' drop a bit more intuitive and offers an overall more cohesive experience. It also respects orientation and reflow settings.
- Internal code cleanup of menus.
### Removed
### Fixed
- UI: minor improvements to drag n drop behavior when mouse remains static and R. Click is released. Panel is redrawn immediately instead of waiting to move the mouse, current button remains hovered.
- UI: minor improvements to drag n drop behavior when R. Click menu is called in rapid succession. Panel is redrawn on the background now.
- Select...\Delete selected tracks: didn't allow undo.
- Select...\Delete Non selected tracks: didn't allow undo.
- Console: logging of null value not working properly (totally irrelevant except for debug purposes).

Reply #293
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP/releases/tag/v3.0.0-beta.21
## [3.0.0-beta.21] - 2023-03-04
### Added
### Changed
- Last.fm: renamed button to 'buttons_lastfm_tools.js'. There is no need to do anything user-side on previous installations, it's automatically handled on first load after updating.
- Last.fm: added button to one of the default presets ('ListenBrainz & Last.fm') on empty toolbars.
### Removed
### Fixed
- UI: png icons now use a dark-mode version (if available) or get inverted according to the button text color configuration.
- Last.fm: missing icon file.

Reply #294
Not going to create another release now, but just added bio tag retrieval (from wikipedia, allmusic and last.fm) to Last.fm tools, so the sub-menus show both the file tags and bio tags. (it's on the last commit)

EDIT: now has its own page with minimal installation instructions and features. Also explaining the original button and mine may differ on some features.
https://regorxxx.github.io/foobar2000-SMP.github.io/scripts/lastfm-smp/

Reply #295
Not going to create another release now, but just added bio tag retrieval (from wikipedia, allmusic and last.fm) to Last.fm tools, so the sub-menus show both the file tags and bio tags. (it's on the last commit)

It seems to work only with tag presents in files.
The elements in the last.fm and listenbrainz playlist didn't show any tag besides Bio panel is displaying info related.

Reply #296

It seems to work only with tag presents in files.
The elements in the last.fm and listenbrainz playlist didn't show any tag besides Bio panel is displaying info related.

? You have to obviously set bio panel to use current selection -not now playing-, otherwise it can not work. Works fine on my side, so unless you give more info...

And I have not said anything about listenbrainz.

Reply #297
? You have to obviously set bio panel to use current selection -not now playing-, otherwise it can not work. Works fine on my side, so unless you give more info...

Yeah, is only for the last.fm button.
I was talking about the elements in the playlist generated for last.fm, listenbrainz or youtube that are not in the library.
Any of them display tag info in the last.fm button, but they have info for bio panel available.
Maybe I understand it wrong or I'm not doing something correctly.
Here is a video:
https://streamable.com/3w3y8d

Reply #298

Yeah, is only for the last.fm button.
I was talking about the elements in the playlist generated for last.fm, listenbrainz or youtube that are not in the library.
Any of them display tag info in the last.fm button, but they have info for bio panel available.
Maybe I understand it wrong or I'm not doing something correctly.
Here is a video:
https://streamable.com/3w3y8d
I still don't understand what's the problem. Your video clearly shows bio tags on the button for the first track as I have stated it will do.

If the bio panel doesn't report tags, it takes some seconds or track has not tags, that's not my fault (you may ask at the Bio thread). You are supposing Bio report tags immediately, which is not true. Can not expect to retrieve tags from internet on less than 1 sec as you do.

Reply #299
Added bio tags state to the tooltip, which now displays if nothing has been found yet.
Also world-map-SMP 'country' tag support (i.e. reading from database, even for not found artists by Bio panel).