Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme (Read 162163 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #801
IMPORTANT NOTICE IF YOU PLAN TO RESTORE YOUR OLD THEME BACKUP WITH THE NEW DEV VERSION:
I forgot to add an automatic rename for an old config setting ( happened because I already had it automatically renamed when I did changes ).
Open your "foobar2000\profile\georgia-reborn\configs\georgia-reborn-config.jsonc" and go to line ~769:
"lyricFilenamePatterns": [
rename it to "lyricsFilenamePatterns": [
there is a missing "s" letter.
Save and reload it.

-TT

Reply #802
IMPORTANT NOTICE IF YOU PLAN TO RESTORE YOUR OLD THEME BACKUP WITH THE NEW DEV VERSION:
I forgot to add an automatic rename for an old config setting ( happened because I already had it automatically renamed when I did changes ).
Open your "foobar2000\profile\georgia-reborn\configs\georgia-reborn-config.jsonc" and go to line ~769:
"lyricFilenamePatterns": [
rename it to "lyricsFilenamePatterns": [
there is a missing "s" letter.
Save and reload it.

-TT

FYI: You do not need this anymore, I have added support for old configs when restoring theme backup.
It will do it for you automatically when you start foobar, all should be good now. Available now in the latest master.

-TT

Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #803
Hi

In the details section, how do I get the CD placeholder to show the actual album disc? Or is that possible.

Reply #804
Hi

In the details section, how do I get the CD placeholder to show the actual album disc? Or is that possible.

Hi @nputra,

you can download disc art from fanart.tv and then put the disc art as a cd.png in your album folder.
You can also right click on the big album art for context menu > Get disc art.
More information can be also found in the FAQ 'How do you display the disc art in Details?'.

-TT

Reply #805
Thanks for the info. It does not work. Worked once, then will not replicate the first instance.

Reply #806
@nputra,

can you try right click on the big album art for
context menu > Details options menu > Disc art placeholder > Show placeholder if no disc art is found ( checked ).

There seems to be an issue when this option is deactivated, will try to fix it...

-TT

Georgia-ReBORN - A Clean foobar2000 Theme

Reply #807
Works now. Thanks for that bit of information. Much appreciated.

Naresh.

Reply #808
Just a notice for people who are using the DEV version I've posted few day ago:
The latest master version contains some improvements and bug fixes people have reported in the
DEV TESTING thread on Github discussions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you are using the latest DEV version and encounter any bugs, please post them in the DEV TESTING thread on Github:
https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN/discussions/74
and not here, thanks!

-TT

Reply #810
Trying the latest dev version as of today, I only skimmed the changelog but right off the bat I noticed my custom playlist loads much more smoothly. I was having a lot of trouble with the details view becoming super laggy with anything more than 10 tracks across different albums. A grid view would be kind of a neat experiment for the future, maybe? I remember esplaylist had something like that, years ago.

I used the "restore backup" function, and at first my player crashed a couple of times (I have a huge collection), but the 2nd or 3rd time it worked - the only difference was my custom font sizes were not remembered.

As I said earlier, I found that there wasn't a lot of room on the left side pane for details such as composer credits, or even more than 2 record label names without it appearing cluttered. So, on my 4K monitor, my strategy is to set Georgia to HD (1080p) size and turn all of the fonts all the way up. I think that should be a preset because it actually looks really nice this way. Personally I like to have foobar on display in one corner while I have my internet browser or IDE or something else on the other half of the screen. I can't be the only one!

I will be reading more about what changes you made, but good job on the theme, TT, I like it a lot. If there was one request I could make it would be if you could maybe make a short video on how to navigate the playlist manager, because I was having some trouble with it on the previous versions. This new feature of having a drop-down menu when I click on the playlist seems a lot more intuitive, so that's good.

Reply #811
Hi @NewLeaf42,

glad you like the new Georgia-ReBORN and you noticed it has faster performance.

A grid view would be kind of a neat experiment for the future, maybe? I remember esplaylist had something like that, years ago.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Actually the metadata display in the Details panel was designed as a grid.

I used the "restore backup" function, and at first my player crashed a couple of times (I have a huge collection), but the 2nd or 3rd time it worked - the only difference was my custom font sizes were not remembered.

I have made a test backup with various different font sizes changed, then reset to default font sizes, and after I restored the backup
all font sizes were correct as previously set. Plus I never had any crashes during making a backup or restoring it.

As I said earlier, I found that there wasn't a lot of room on the left side pane for details such as composer credits, or even more than 2 record label names without it appearing cluttered. So, on my 4K monitor, my strategy is to set Georgia to HD (1080p) size and turn all of the fonts all the way up. I think that should be a preset because it actually looks really nice this way. Personally I like to have foobar on display in one corner while I have my internet browser or IDE or something else on the other half of the screen. I can't be the only one!

There are actually already size presets, for all resolutions modes ( Options > Display ), they are the predefined player sizes ( Options > Player size ).
You can also use another layout ( Options > Layout > Artwork or Compact ).

I will be reading more about what changes you made, but good job on the theme, TT, I like it a lot. If there was one request I could make it would be if you could maybe make a short video on how to navigate the playlist manager, because I was having some trouble with it on the previous versions. This new feature of having a drop-down menu when I click on the playlist seems a lot more intuitive, so that's good.

Yes, the Georgia-ReBORN website with its documentation is in the works, but it is a lot of work...
In the meantime, if you want to learn about the playlist manager, you can check the FAQ:
How do I create playlists and access the playlist manager?

-Tom