Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature request: "true stereo" convolution reverb plugin (Read 8186 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature request: "true stereo" convolution reverb plugin

hi,
some reverb take advantage of two impulse responses, they convolve left & right with two different IR, and then recombine the results.
I guess this helps to "widen" the perceived stereo , or something like that.
Anyway, all current free convolver reverb plugin vst, support only a reverb with a single IR, applied to both channel;
and even the foobar plugin reverb I found , works with a single IR.
You can see here some diagrams , explaining further what is a "true stereo" convolution reverb:
http://www.liquidsonics.com/software_rever...true_stereo.htm

I'd love to see a free foobar reverb plugin , that supports " "true stereo" convolution reverb.
Currently already using a commercial vst , with a vst bridge inside foobar,
and with the  "true stereo"  m7 impulse response set (free), I  got from rhythminmind.net.
But it would nice to be able to share this experience with other people that do not wish to get a commercial vst;
moreover I'm sure it will work better (less crash, or memory consumption)  if it's supported directly by a foobar plugin.

Thanks

Reply #1
Could the Stereo Convolver be your solution?

Its homepage seems to require a login now, but I could upload the component here.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #2
Could the Stereo Convolver be your solution?

Its homepage seems to require a login now, but I could upload the component here.

Thanks, I  tried to use the login and password suggested on the page, and it didn't work.
Does it works with two impulse response ?  If it's only one, then that 's not what I want.
And why this login/password restricted access ?  I guess the author don't want his work to be redistributed.

EDIT: in fact it's two stereo IR, which means a total of four "mono" IR.

Reply #3
Does it works with two impulse response ?  If it's only one, then that 's not what I want.

Yes, it does.

And why this login/password restricted access ? I guess the author don't want his work to be redistributed.

If I remember correctly that original download address belongs to an educational establishment, which is also protected now. So I think it has rather not to do with its individual members and their wishes. Additionally, the zip file contains no hint that a distribution only from the developer's web site would be allowed. Therefore I have uploaded the component here; if moderators disagree they will remove it.

EDIT: in fact it's two stereo IR, which means a total of four "mono" IR.

I cannot check this at the moment, please test yourself.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #4
Thanks , but unfortunately there's a "gain mixer" setting on reverberate vst, that allows to control amount of effect , and keep the reverb subtle.
I'm not sure I understand how the "gain mixer" setting works (mixing result, with the original source probably ?)  , but  I cannot control amount of reverb effect in the "stereo convolver" plugin , which limit its usefulness. There's a "level adjustment" slider though on the stereo convolver foobar plugin, but I think it only decrease overall volume, in order to avoid clipping after applying the reverb effect.
Anyway, I cannot get same results as with reverberate vst.

Thanks for trying, anyway.

Reply #5
Have you tried the vst plugin in that case?