Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 884045 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1825
Hello.
I've been trying to add azlyrics.com to my available sources, but I can't seem to make it appear on the list of Available sources.
I have Foobar2000 v. 1.5.4; Lyric Show Panel 3 v. 0.5
I also downloaded (and installed, i think) libxml2-2.7.8.win32.zip, iconv-1.9.2.win32.zip and foo_lyricsource-master.zip

No one?
Looks like you downloaded the source code, not the compiled binaries.
UPD: or maybe not. Looks like the binary is included with the source. Maybe you just didn't take it out of the "release" folder.

Thanks.. It worked! You're the man.
Thank you very much (:

Reply #1826
My own experience with foo_lyricsource is that it is no longer drawing lyrics from www.azlyrics.com I have verified do exist there as mentioned here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=90338.msg961135#msg961135.

However, if you use its "external command" source via get_lyric.exe as described at the plugin author's site, it does sucessfully draw lyrics via that exe from at least some of the latter's built-in sources (like petitlyrics.com).

Reply #1827
However, if you use its "external command" source via get_lyric.exe as described at the plugin author's site, it does sucessfully draw lyrics via that exe from at least some of the latter's built-in sources (like petitlyrics.com).
Just wanted to add that the sites get_lyric.exe searches are:
lyrics.az
j-lyric.net
petitlyrics.com
www.lyricsfreak.com
www.azlyrics.com

It creates a log file that will show what site (if any) it found lyrics at, but unfortunately it stops at the first hit--for instance, if it finds them at petitlyrics.com, the "found/not found" site logging will stop there, so you don't know what if any of the others also had those lyrics or if the algorithm used was accurate.

Reply #1828
Well, you're all doing better than me! Got the latest Foobar2000, & LyricShow3-0.5 and nothing displays at all!! Worse, it is now over-writing
 existing lyrics with "404 not found: /lt/76/nq_vizkhiqu.txt", which is pretty annoying! Is there some other setting I should have enabled? Or is FB2K not getting through to the 'net? Any ideas? Thanks!

Reply #1829
Go to Foobar File/Preferences/Tools/Lyric Show 3--can you post screenshots of the first two tabs (Lyric Searching and Lyric Saving)?

Reply #1830
Go to Foobar File/Preferences/Tools/Lyric Show 3--can you post screenshots of the first two tabs (Lyric Searching and Lyric Saving)?
I've sorted it partly, but it only finds very well-known songs. Most, it just returns 'Found nothing'. I can't see  any option here to add an image...?

Reply #1831
When you compose a post there is a big box under the window that says "Add files by dragging & dropping or selecting them", with the "selecting them" as a button you can push.  Add the screenshot images there.

Reply #1833
Thanks for the screenshots.  First of all, I would definitely disable "Automatic Save" and just choose to save manually when you've actually approved of the lyrics shown, otherwise you will end up with lots of garbage/wrong hits getting saved.

In your search order box, a lot of (most? all?) the "timestamped" sources no longer work due to changed search methods at the lyrics sites.  My sources/search order look like the shot below.  You can try adding the metal-archives plugin (LOTS of hits for the genre), and the "External Command" get_lyric.exe source as discussed farther up this thread (its "petitlyrics.com" source produces a lot of hits for me).  I don't use synced lyrics (or local files), but if you do you should also add the recently updated MiniLyrics plugin you see on my "Available Sources" list (also discussed farther up the thread).

Reply #1834
Who is interested in more timestamped sources (musixmatch.com and QQ.com) and regular plain lyrics (genius.com)
you are free to try my plugins for Lyric Show Panel 3.
I've posted download links here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #1835
Hey thanks veksha, this is great!  I tried the Genius and the Musixmatch plugins, and both of them are drawing lyrics just fine!  I am only interested in normal non-synced lyrics, so I was glad to find out that the Musixmatch plugin pulled those too when LSP-3 is set to "Only non-synced."  I would encourage you to continue to offer the ability to search both types.  If you could take a look at doing ones for LoloLyrics, MetroLyrics, and AZLyrics (the existing one doesn't work anymore), that would be terrific.  Thanks again for posting about these!

Reply #1836
Dang! Just when I started to do a PoC in Node for MusixMatch because the lack of new lyrics with the Minilyrics database was annoying me, you come up in between here with a working plugin... And in fact, you even revealed it on Reddit before I ever thought about this idea. :))

Anyway, I will meet the challenge to translate my JS codebase into Cpp, that would be interesting. And if I'm able to make it work, it's still better to have two distinct implementations for the same database if they manage to shut down one of them. :)

Reply #1837
Who is interested in more timestamped sources (musixmatch.com and QQ.com) and regular plain lyrics (genius.com)
you are free to try my plugins for Lyric Show Panel 3.
Hey, thanks for more databases! Would it be possible to restrict loading of non-exact matches?  Like, when only the title, but not the artist matches the query, but the lyrics would still load. It plagues a lot of good database components sadly.

Reply #1838
Would it be possible to restrict loading of non-exact matches?  Like, when only the title, but not the artist matches the query, but the lyrics would still load.

let me see. i thought had this implemented already, but it seems that i missed one case: when searching for musixmatch synced lyric.
you still can help and pm me with "artist - title" of that wrong lyric results.

Reply #1839
let me see. i thought had this implemented already, but it seems that i missed one case: when searching for musixmatch synced lyric.
you still can help and pm me with "artist - title" of that wrong lyric results.

Actually I think i might have been wrong. I randomly tested it on Uriah Heep's Firefly album. And it appears that that the site just has weird and unrelated lyrics for most of the songs on it. Really sorry for confusing you.

And also I clumped it with possibly another unrelated issue. QQ seems to sometimes return completely unrelated matches for song titles in Cyrillic. So, not something that's going to bother a lot of people.

Also, there was already a component floating around that added sources for a bunch of Chinese databases, qq included. Maybe you'd want to have a look at it. Not sure they still work to this day tho.

Reply #1840
Actually I think i might have been wrong. I randomly tested it on Uriah Heep's Firefly album. And it appears that that the site just has weird and unrelated lyrics for most of the songs on it. Really sorry for confusing you.
let's postpone this one for now :)

And also I clumped it with possibly another unrelated issue. QQ seems to sometimes return completely unrelated matches for song titles in Cyrillic. So, not something that's going to bother a lot of people.
try version 0.4
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, there was already a component floating around that added sources for a bunch of Chinese databases, qq included. Maybe you'd want to have a look at it. Not sure they still work to this day tho.
name?

Reply #1841
try version 0.4
Thanks, that does the trick

name?
foo_lyrics3exsrc.dll
Here's a link, since it might be not that easy to find.
https://yadi.sk/d/ZXd6N8p8eL3E6

Reply #1842
@veksha:  I don't know if you got the PM I sent you about this a couple of days ago, but your plugin for Lololyrics you made for me to test works perfectly, so you could add that to your plugins download list if you want.  Thanks again!!

Reply #1844
Cool!  Another recommendation would be PLyrics (http://www.plyrics.com/), can be hard finding lyrics for that genre (punk/hardcore).

Reply #1845
Or Minilyrics that doesn't output random results when it can't get a perfect match.

Also all this inspired me to filter all the sources i had (which I believe were all available).
What doesn't seem to work anymore is:
ALL the built-in nameless sources
AZlyrics (foo_lyricsource)
Darklyrics (is this built in?)
Extend Sources For Lyrics3 (foo_lyrics3exsrc)

What still works:
metal-archives.com (foo_lrc_metalarchives)
lyrics.wikia.com (is this built in?)
MiniLyrics (foo_uie_lyrics3_minilyrics)

Reply #1846
Are there really use cases where MiniLyrics can find lyrics that MusixMatch cannot? MiniLyrics database seems totally frozen for me, at least for recent songs, hence my lack of willingness to spend some time to improve it, but maybe I can be proven wrong.

Reply #1847
Are there really use cases where MiniLyrics can find lyrics that MusixMatch cannot? MiniLyrics database seems totally frozen for me, at least for recent songs, hence my lack of willingness to spend some time to improve it, but maybe I can be proven wrong.

I did some quick testing, leaving only two sources and putting musixmatch first and minilyrics second in order, then went through the more obscure entries in my library. The results of minilyrics were indeed not too great, but there were quite a few cases where it outperformed musixmatch. Including such artists as Accept, Cold Chisel, even some Lynyrd Skynyrd songs and some other rock and country artists. Also, minilyrics tends to generally do better with German, Russian and some French artists (but this may have something to do with parsing of umlauts and such).

Also, a lot of times musixmatch had only non-synced lyrics, where minilyrics had synced.

All in all, minilyrics may not be updated too well, but it's still a pretty large database and has a lot of synced lyrics. Can't say if it's worth working on or not.

Reply #1849
@veksha:  thanks for darklyrics plugin, and for the thought to add the "2020" suffix to its name to avoid confusion with the non-working "built-in" version!  Already have seen a "hit" with it.

@Pollux88:  thanks for also identifying the current AZlyrics as non-working, hopefully veksha can whip up one of those too--and perhaps PLyrics  ;)