Skip to main content
Topic: CUETools template help (Read 9496 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CUETools template help

Reply #25
I am sorry Korth,  have tried to do this on my own, but I just do not seem to grasp the basic principle to apply to get the desired result. Please allow me to try to explain again what I want to achieve: 

1. I want CUEtools to produce a cue file named after the album-folder. Usually, not always, the album (%year%) date precedes the album name. For example: the folder name is "2013. Album Name".

2. Using the above example, the folder name "2013. Album Name" should produce produce a cue sheet named "Folder Name" without the "2013._"

3. Is it possible to exclude any portion of a derived name in the final cue-file name, as described, and how is that achieved ? Is it by enclosing the portion to be excluded in the cue-file name, in square brackets, for e.g. [2013. ] ?

4. Where do I find to edit the applicable template to execute the foregoing ?

Thank you very much for you patience. I very thankful too, for your ongoing assistance.

Reply #26
The action 'Create CUE Sheet' is a simple tool that has no optional settings or template. A program such as Advanced Renamer can be used to batch rename files to the pattern desired.
If you're trying to create an output template for the action 'Encode', I will continue to try to help.
korth

Reply #27
The action 'Create CUE Sheet' is a simple tool that has no optional settings or template. A program such as Advanced Renamer can be used to batch rename files to the pattern desired.
If you're trying to create an output template for the action 'Encode', I will continue to try to help.

I thank you very much- you have answered my question completely.  :)

Reply #28
Hi!  I just signed up here and thought I'd tack on a template question I had.  On the first tab of "advanced settings", there is a "track format" template section.  I believe it defaults to: %tracknumber%. %title%
When an album has more than one disc, I've been changing it to: %discnumber%%tracknumber%. %title%
Is it possible to make %discnumber% conditional, so that it only appears in albums with >1 disc?
Example - I want my files to look like "201. Hey You.flac", in multiple disc albums, but no preceding disc number in single disc albums.

I was also curious whether it is possible to customize the "replacement character" used for invalid characters in filenames (\, /, :, *, etc.)  It replaces everything with a _ now.  I have taken a liking to using similar characters from the UTF-8 set such as ː instead of :, and  ̸ instead of /)

Reply #29
$ifgreater($max(%discnumber%,%totaldiscs%),1,%discnumber%,)%tracknumber%. %title%
This will add a discnumber of 1 only if totaldiscs = 2 or more and will add a discnumber of 2 or more even if totaldiscs is empty.

Character replacements would be nice.
korth

Reply #30
Thanks korth, that worked a treat! :)

Reply #31
Hi Everyone,

If indeed possible, how is CUETools set so that the individual tag track numbers contain a leading zero i.e. 01-09, whenever a single album track is being split into its components?

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018