Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sorting albums by date on iPod (Read 713 times) previous topic - next topic

Sorting albums by date on iPod

I'm very much a noob with foobar, having decided to stop converting all my flac downloads to something that iTunes can use. Apart from the various issues that I have with getting the interface to show me what I want in the way I want my biggest issue with this change is that I am stuck with having all my albums appear in alphabetical order when on my iPod.

As I previously used the 'sort album' field in iTunes to display content by session/recording date I had hoped to use that same field in Foobar to achieve the same aesthetic, but this issue is driving me nuts.

I have tried using the 'Date' field but that hasn't helped and now hope that registering here and asking for assistance will find someone that can help me get this sorted out.

Re: Sorting albums by date on iPod

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply.

I created a new column, 'albumsortorder' and then in scripts>sort added the line of code supplied to no seeming effect. I assume I'm doing something wrong though.

As mentioned - very much a noob with Foobar and thus the interface and scripting.