Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: DarkOne v4.0 not applying (Read 4862 times) previous topic - next topic

DarkOne v4.0 not applying

I decided that I wanted a better and more organized appearance for foobar so I downloaded DarkOne/all components.  I downloaded all I needed (required components, etc), got ready to import, chose 'OK' for all applied settings...and the theme is still the default.  The preset in the 'Layout' tab is DarkOne v4.0, for whatever that's worth.  I was pretty much going by the seat of my pants on this installation, as they say, and I'm still new to foobar/customization and do have a tendency to miss obvious solutions.  Still, I'm pretty lost right now.  Would I need to do a fresh install for this?  No idea how to sort this out even if it is blindingly simple.  I'm using foobar2000 v1.3.12.

Re: DarkOne v4.0 not applying

Reply #1
When you downloaded it from its official side on deviantart please follow the install instructions ;)

Btw. v4.0 is quite old (although it still works on actual foobar2000. You should update components after install, though) and as all preconfigured configurations not recommended for unexperienced users!
And you must know that it still uses some components that are known crashware!

Reply #2
When you downloaded it from its official side on deviantart please follow the install instructions ;)

Btw. v4.0 is quite old (although it still works on actual foobar2000. You should update components after install, though) and as all preconfigured configurations not recommended for unexperienced users!
And you must know that it still uses some components that are known crashware!

Thing is, though, I followed all the instructions that I saw (most were with the pdf that came with the download).  I extracted it, ran it as an executable, stuck in all the components...once again, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm whiffing on something obvious and basically just beating my head against the wall here, but I don't know of anything definite that I would have missed.

What are some of the components that are crashware? (playlists, panel splitter, so on)

Reply #3
Doublepost, sorry.

I did a full clean reinstall of foobar just to see if that worked.  I managed to set DarkOne up, download all components, follow all instruction, and then try to install it.  It did install...and now foobar's crashing every time I open it.  The first time I opened foobar following the crash it stayed up, but the skin just looked off, somehow.  A bit sluggish and glitchy.  I closed out and opened it again and it stays up for about a second then crashes again.  Loading in safe mode works but I've done nothing beyond that. 

Reply #4
The components are included! You don't need to copy components manually to a folder!
(I guess you copied them to %programfiles%\foobar2000\components folder, but they belong to %appdata%\foobar2000\user-components folder).
This is the only reason i can imagine a "crash" on startup...

The "crashware" components are: Biography view panel, Peakmeter spectrum panel (both removed in v4.0's successor DarkOne4Mod), ELPlaylist and Channel spectrum panel.

As i said: i don't recommend my config (as any pre-configuration like this) for unexperienced users!