Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 488574 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #902
Hi, I found that long videos eventually stops but audio is working fine.

Reply #903
15:36:47, [error] VideoSourceStreamFb2k->Read: Connection error
15:36:58, [error] VideoSourceStreamFb2k->Seek: Connection error

Reply #904
If in component preferences -> Video tab -> 'Media downloading' you have something other than 'foo_youtube', you may try it. Pros (and cons at the same time) - it caches whole video independently of playback (when others cache only parts that are about to be played). If you have 'foobar2000' there, you also may try to increase reconnection time in Advanced -> Networking -> 'Keep reconnecting <...>'

Reply #905
3dyd, here is tiny problem: custom buttons with Youtube Commands under section "Copy" doesn't work!
For example, i created a button "Youtube Source / Copy / URL" but it doesn't do the trick! However, if i'm using context menu, then everything works perfect!
Is that bug of the component or a problem is on my side?
foobar2000 1.3.17, DUI, Youtube Source 2.2.1 

Reply #906
Unable to open item for playback (server error (403) from r6---sn-4g5edned.googlevideo.com):

it is the same for different media downloading options. Did youtube change something?

Reply #907
@George Smith
If you are talking about toolbar buttons, then it is a bug. Will be fixed in current release. Thanks.

@Dael
If you are using 2.2.2 beta 1, then please give an example URL. If you are using an older version, you could try latest beta or wait for release.

Reply #908
Beta works, thank you  :)

Reply #909
Code: [Select]
18:38:51, #01, 1. UNKN 27.34 MB
18:38:51, #01, Ready
18:38:51, [video@05DA6248] opening (file): download - foo_youtube
18:38:51, LAV Splitter: switched to Runtime Config mode
18:38:51, [video@05DA6248] opening finished in 0.265 seconds
18:38:51, [warning] [video@05DA6248] Cannot start playback: [0x80004005] No video pin: Unspecified error

Any ideas?

Reply #910
If someone wants to use this: a somehow nicer view on large numbers (at least in my eyes), here for %fy_view_count%.
Can be used e.g. in CUI playlist view or in Br3tts great jsplaylist-mod.
$if($greater(%fy_view_count%,999999999),$div(%fy_view_count%,1000000000).$num($div($mod(%fy_view_count%,1000000000),1000000),3) m, $if($greater(%fy_view_count% ,9999999), $div(%fy_view_count%,1000000) m, $if($greater(%fy_view_count%,999999),$div(%fy_view_count%,1000000).$num($div($mod(%fy_view_count%,1000000),1000),3) k, $if($greater(%fy_view_count% ,9999), $div(%fy_view_count%,1000) k, $if($greater(%fy_view_count%,999),$div(%fy_view_count%,1000).$num($mod(%fy_view_count%,1000),3),%fy_view_count%)))))
Can probably be programmed in a nicer way, but it works   :))

Reply #911
I've come across the occasional url that add location... fails to load. They give the following popup error.

The following error(s) occurred during loading of the location(s):
Invalid path syntax

The urls are generated by YTTM and so have metadata overriding.

They can simply be tested by pasting into foobar2000 > File menu > Add Location...

Examples:
Actual title used before applying encodeURIComponent: Just Like Fire 和訳 日本語 (アリスインワンダーランド 時間の旅 主題歌) 
Gives error:
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_title=Just%20Like%20Fire%20%E5%92%8C%E8%A8%B3%20%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E8%AA%9E%20(%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%AF%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%20%E6%99%82%E9%96%93%E3%81%AE%E6%97%85%20%E4%B8%BB%E9%A1%8C%E6%AD%8C)&3dydfy_alt_length=221&fb2k_artist=P!nk&v=N632cV3ZuW8

Actual title used before applying encodeURIComponent: Julie Driscoll & Brian Auger & The Trinity - Why (Am I Treated So Bad)
Gives error:
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=7&fb2k_album=Open&fb2k_date=1967&fb2k_title=Julie%20Driscoll%20%26%20Brian%20Auger%20%26%20The%20Trinity%20-%20Why%20(Am%20I%20Treated%20So%20Bad)&3dydfy_alt_length=214&fb2k_artist=Julie%20Driscoll%2C%20Brian%20Auger%20%26%20The%20Trinity&v=15034i2Bl0Y

A similar one works:
Actual title used before applying encodeURIComponent: Brian Auger, Julie Driscoll & The Trinity - Lament for Miss Baker
3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?fb2k_tracknumber=4&fb2k_album=Open&fb2k_date=1967&fb2k_title=Brian%20Auger%2C%20Julie%20Driscoll%20%26%20The%20Trinity%20-%20Lament%20for%20Miss%20Baker&3dydfy_alt_length=162&fb2k_artist=Julie%20Driscoll%2C%20Brian%20Auger%20%26%20The%20Trinity&v=6p-eqg10pdc

I don't think there is actually an invalid path syntax in the first two, because shortening them by removing various sets of characters does get them to work. The top one has to be reduced to about 268 characters. With the second, just removing the ")" is enough & its then 299 characters. The problem may loosely be linked to length. But there doesn't seem to be specific cut off either in terms of character length or byte size that can accurately be used to reject certain urls in the code.

I was wondering if there might be a parsing issue in foo_youtube, or if its a foobar2000 core problem? Or if anyone knows a solution?

Reply #912
Currently foo_youtube stores metadata in files (%fb2k_profile_dir%/foo_youtube/cache/meta). URL after some unification is used as file path there. So URLs, pointing to the same clips but having different overridden meta, effectively threated as different tracks.

Let's see at second URL. Its file name in meta directory is next (one can see that in component's log, need to set 'core -> trace' severity):
meta+https---www.youtube.com-watch_fb2k_album=Open&fb2k_artist=Julie+Driscoll%2C+Brian+Auger+%26+The+Trinity&fb2k_date=1967&fb2k_title=Julie+Driscoll+%26+Brian+Auger+%26+The+Trinity+-+Why+%28Am+I+Treated+So+Bad%29&fb2k_tracknumber=7&v=15034i2Bl0Y.foo_youtube

It looks like the problem is this. Filename has length of 258 characters. In general case (i.e. usually in NTFS) length limit for individual parts of the path is 255 characters. ')' gets encoded there ('%29') so when you remove it, filename becomes 255 characters long (very convenient example!), thus it does not fail.

I do not think that having specification of the rules, used for filename generation, is a good idea (yet another headache for maintenance). Idea to use URL as file name does not look clever anymore, but it is hard to change such things now. Switch to SQLite database as storage (instead of filesystem) would resolve this problem, but it is long term plan.

I guess, I will look for the way to use some shortened filenames (e.g. hashes) as a fallback if regular way fails like this. But if you come up with an approach that does not require work on my side, I definitely won't be upset.

Reply #913
OK. Thanks. Now I understand. I can use a workaround for very occasional videos that exceed foo_youtube database size limits, i.e. pick a different one from the search returns.

Reply #914
@3dyd : Thanks for the beta3 update! Could you please point to where foo_youtube extensions (e.g. "position as %tracknumber%") are configured? Could not find it in 'Tools > YouTube Source' and 'Tools > Advanced > Tools > YouTube Source', so there must be some other place...

PS: foo_acfu is neat, I'll try to integrate in my component as well.

Reply #915
These extensions are extensions for search. In 'Search (Integrated)' UIE and in 'Search on Youtube' window (menu View -> Youtube Source) you can find search config menu (where 'Order by Relevance' etc. are placed). This menu has additional column 'Extensions'. There is placed everything that affects search results but is not part of standard search features.

That said, one need to use search to add playlists with these meta tags. A bit illogically, but first of all, whole this feature is generally not applicable, since video can belong to multiple playlists. Because of that it is not something that can be configured globally (via component preferences) and thus it is isolated in Extensions.

Alternatively, you can append playlist URL query part with fb2kx_plmeta=1 parameter and load it using standard way (e.g. File -> Add location...).

Reply #916
These extensions are extensions for search. In 'Search (Integrated)' UIE and in 'Search on Youtube' window (menu View -> Youtube Source) you can find search config menu (where 'Order by Relevance' etc. are placed). This menu has additional column 'Extensions'. There is placed everything that affects search results but is not part of standard search features.

That said, one need to use search to add playlists with these meta tags. A bit illogically, but first of all, whole this feature is generally not applicable, since video can belong to multiple playlists. Because of that it is not something that can be configured globally (via component preferences) and thus it is isolated in Extensions.

Alternatively, you can append playlist URL query part with fb2kx_plmeta=1 parameter and load it using standard way (e.g. File -> Add location...).
I see, thanks. Does fb2kx_plmeta inhibit the automatic parsing as other fb2k_ fields (quoted from Help "If at least one fb2k_ field is present, global parsing rule is not used.")?

Reply #917
Hello.
I'm getting "SSL authentication error" when I try to add any youtube source.
Component version: 2.3
Foobar version: 1.3 or 1.4-beta

I've tried to add google's certificate to Trusted Root Cert's but it doesn't help.

Reply #918
Does fb2kx_plmeta inhibit the automatic parsing as other fb2k_ fields (quoted from Help "If at least one fb2k_ field is present, global parsing rule is not used.")?
Not explicitly but yes. These additional meta fields from extensions (%tracknumber%, %playlist_name% etc) are added to the track using metadata overriding. But if track has any meta field overridden, the ways for automatic metadata fill are not applied (clip title parse rule or metadata from clip properties). So metadata from it is also added to the track using metadata overriding,

I'm getting "SSL authentication error" when I try to add any youtube source.
This error unlikely comes from component. For example, you can uninstall component and try to add URL again - you'll get the same error. Try to install system updates (these from Control Panel -> Windows Update). Alternatively you can prepend Youtube URL with "fy+" to bypass URL request being done by foobar2000 before it comes to the component (so URL will look like fy+https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXX).

Reply #919
This error unlikely comes from component. For example, you can uninstall component and try to add URL again - you'll get the same error. Try to install system updates (these from Control Panel -> Windows Update). Alternatively you can prepend Youtube URL with "fy+" to bypass URL request being done by foobar2000 before it comes to the component (so URL will look like fy+https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXXX).
Ok, I'll try it. BTW, maybe this issues comes from Windows Preview Build.
Thanks!

Reply #920
3dyd, there is a little problem. I've updated foo_youtube (current stable version - 2.2.3), but if i try to play music, foobar crush.
foobar 1.3.17, foo_youtube 2.2.3 stable.
Right now, i'm using foo_youtube 2.2.2, work perfectly.

Reply #921
You can try latest beta or set 'ffmpeg' from 'Preferences -> Youtube Source -> Maintenance' to 'Internal'.

Reply #922
You can try latest beta or set 'ffmpeg' from 'Preferences -> Youtube Source -> Maintenance' to 'Internal'.
Thank you very much!
Could you please explain what difference make this option?

Reply #923
You can read about it here.

Reply #924
Hi there,
I love this component. But, when I put the "video" in a new playlist and edit the %artist% and %title% tags, I get the art showing in some panels (i.e. Jscript with utils.GetAlbumArtV2), but in others the art not appears (i.e., $imageabs(0,0,1250,836,%path%,artreader nokeepaspect,,) in Panel Stack Splitter). Can someone help with this line?

Otherwise, the art aways appears (even in my playlists) if I add the "meta" folder in Media Library. Is this recommended? Add the <fb2k_config_dir>\foo_youtube\cache\meta\ in Media Library?