Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Dammit! Cant get tagging to do anything :( (Read 1558 times) previous topic - next topic

Dammit! Cant get tagging to do anything :(

Ok, so I am not normally a moron, but it would seem I may be at this point in time ....

No matter what I do, I cant get Foobar to tag an album!

Nor can I find a search feature at musicbrainz that allows me to list an album track list!

An example is a Deep Purple compilation called 'Best Selection'. I know the artist and the album, but not the track names or album art etc. Each track is tagged with the available data (the track numbers and duration of each track are also present in the tags) which normally would be ample data to complete the tag .. but alas I fail ...

The frustrating part is when doing an artist lookup in musicbrainz there is the compilation! Year, label, release info, everything (but no track list?)!

I have added the path, port etc from musicbrainz as well as the default ...

What am I missing? Why wont this work?

Please can someone help me here?

Cheers!

Reply #1
Huh?

It's not entirely clear to me what you are doing.
Are you trying to use the foo_musicbrainz component?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2

Hey, cheers for the response!

nah ... am using the default tagging option (Get tags from FreeDB).

In the oiptions, I have added the server details listed on the musicbrainz website as well as the default (which I believe is the same source?)

default: freedb2.org
musicbrainz: freedb.musicbrainz.org

I then right click an album or track, select 'tagging' and choose 'get tags from freeDB', but always get 0 results ...

In the options where the servers are listed, there is a user box with a default username "user@foobar2000.org" ... im not sure what this is, or if I need to register somewhere and enter that username, but I assume this 'default' is fine.

I am behind a proxy and have entered those detials in the network options (and seem to be getting through), however in the 'freedb tagger' options, i get a strange error when selecting 'retrieve':

---------------------------
freedb Tagger
An error occurred while trying to retrieve a server list from freedb.musicbrainz.org.

Malformed status code: <HT

The current server list will be left unaltered.
OK 

I get the same result for both servers.

This suggests to me that I am getting through the proxy but somehting else is bung ... not sure ...

Any of this help?

Cheers