Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: certain files not updating tags (Read 2109 times) previous topic - next topic

certain files not updating tags

I've changed the tags of these two tracks several times and the tags immediately disappear as soon as I press Apply.

The tracks in question are Dust in the Wind and The Final Countdown (the Bush tracks I discovered while messing with it were set read-only, the others are .wavs) I have tried setting them through the auto-tagger but freedb does not recognize them as the correct track. Any help would be appreciated, even just a guess as to why this might be happening.

Reply #1
That is to be expected, WAV files, by design don't contain metadata. Convert them to flac (or any other lossless format which supports tags) to tag them.

Reply #2
You aren't paying attention. Dust In The Wind and The Final Countdown are MP3s. They are not set read-only, they are not wavs. The other tracks listed as ? -are- wavs, but I'm not concerned about them.

Reply #3
Well, we can't really tell you why that would do that without some more information:

Are you sure these are really mp3s?
I had some files once that exhibited similar behavior and it turned out they were ancient mp2s that had their file extension renamed.
If you can, say, change the file name in windows explorer there's a good chance this might be the deal. The General Section of the properties window should tell you.
elevatorladylevitateme