Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Drag&Drop a Folder with *.m4a Files into foobar2000 (Read 1986 times) previous topic - next topic

Drag&Drop a Folder with *.m4a Files into foobar2000

Hi,

I know that foobar2000 is able to playing *.m4a audio files. I also can drag & drop m4a files into a playlist. What I cannot do is dragging a folder (containing only m4a files) into a playlist - foobar doesn't add any files. It does that though if there are mp3 files instead of m4a files.

I have already tried messing around with some settings. In "Media Library - File Types" there is no file type excluded. Furthermore "Shell Integration" includes m4a. Unfortunately, I cannot find any other setting.

So how can I achieve that I can just drag & drop a folder with m4a as easy as I already can do with mp3 folders?

Reply #1
You may have accidentally entered *.m4a into Preferences -> Shell Integration -> Exclude file types.

Reply #2
You may have accidentally entered *.m4a into Preferences -> Shell Integration -> Exclude file types.

Unfortunately (?), there wasn't any file type entered over there. But anyway, I messed around with "Restrict incoming files to". When I empty that, it works! But as far as I understand this should be a kind of "allowance list". So is it a bug?

Reply #3
Not a bug. It's a whitelist and the restrict list is a blacklist. By default the allow list has asterisk (*) that allows all files to be loaded.